• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Shane Engine

Anyone seen this???

http://www.shaneengines.co.uk/how-does-it-work

850cc .. 100hp and 116 lbft

Given some more R&D this could be one to watch!
    More Lift.
    More Tyres.
    More Engine.

Looks like a boxster with a weird crank.
    I'll belive those figures when I see the Dyno. The power figure is believable, but not the torque -- the crank design looks like it'll increase the crank gearing (= more revs, less torque).

Comment

Pah! a 50pence coin can stand up on my engine, revved up to the red-line!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHsx9G_oQ0U

Comment

And your lexus lump, only doing half the revolutions would obviously last twice as long. Wouldn't shanes effort need rings every so often?
        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

I don't wantto sound stupid here... but what stops the piston smacking into the cylinder head?
          Last edited by Chillitt; 17 December 2007, 13:31.
          it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Apart from poor grammer you dont. It would obviously be the laughin shaft, and so long as it dont come away from the gigglin stick your brass leggers wont make contact.

Although on one occasion i did shoot a con rod through my warf plate, which was dashed in to a piece, which left me with 4 different types of washing to put on. If you change your oil and have a laugh at your aunties face it will be a bright future for your dungarees.
            Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
              I don't wantto sound stupid here... but what stops the piston smacking into the cylinder head?
              The connecting rods are set into the oval recesses in the fly wheel so they can't go any further forward

Cheers JB
              www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

Originally posted by Highlander1
                The connecting rods are set into the oval recesses in the fly wheel so they can't go any further forward

Cheers JB
                Ah! I see it now. Have they invented a new sort of bearing that will work in this engine? the tolerances on all the wearing parts will make this thing self destruct as soon as its run in..
                it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                  Ah! I see it now. Have they invented a new sort of bearing that will work in this engine? the tolerances on all the wearing parts will make this thing self destruct as soon as its run in..
                  Yup!
                  If only all good ideas worked!

Comment

i predict it will make the same clattering sound as a late 80's Fiesta
                    nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

It can't be that bad!

Comment

Agree with the likelihood of clatter!

At the top of the piston stroke, that bearing at the bottom of the conrod HAS to bounce off that weird crank. I reckon the guides stopping the piston flying off through the cylnder head would wear like hell! A low rev engine then?
                        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                        X