Rear Window Film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Window Film

I finaly got round to removing the scratched film from the rear window.I have 2 questions.
    1/ You know that really clean bit of glass that is uncovered when you remove a sticker from the glass, like a negative of what was there before. How do I remove this?
    2/ Is there a way of opening the rear window while the rear door is open so i can put on new film right up to the edges rather than take the glass out? Can the door be tricked into thinking that it is shut so the window can be opened?

Muchos grassyass

Yes drop both catches at the side of the tail gate with a flat headed screw driver
    make sure someone holds the glass as up raise it with the door laying flat or it might get messy
    Brian

Comment

Originally posted by mick p
      I finaly got round to removing the scratched film from the rear window.I have 2 questions.
      1/ You know that really clean bit of glass that is uncovered when you remove a sticker from the glass, like a negative of what was there before. How do I remove this?
      2/ Is there a way of opening the rear window while the rear door is open so i can put on new film right up to the edges rather than take the glass out? Can the door be tricked into thinking that it is shut so the window can be opened?

Muchos grassyass
      1/ meths
      2/a workmate table with a cushion on top i found to be right height for supporting the glass when u have kidded the locks as yoshi says
      Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Thanks Guys. Thats tomorrow sorted. Also goin to try and get new stereo and speakers fitted.

Comment

i removed my mirror type tint for limo black and used brake cleaner to get rid of all the stickers and gunk then washed window down with soapy water, got limo tint from motorworld wish id waited and got some decent stuff now as it was really poor quality film and cost £15, yer live and learn i supose lol

Comment

Hi Pete, The tint that I had was put on top of a "toyota surf urban sporty something" sticker and because the previous owner had dogs, it was stratched to hell. Found some mirror film in the shed, dont know how good or bad it is

Comment

Hi.. I'm a bit late coming in on this one but to clean glass for tinting I've always used a razor blade or stanley knife blade with soapy water. S$$$$e it lighting across the window while keeping the window wet and soapy and it leaves the glass perfectly clean preventing any of those annoying little bumps you find after you've smoothed the film on!

Comment

Cheers Fox but I had to be careful not to damage the window heater element.I used nail polish remover in the end but it now stinks like old vomit. First it stank of dogs, now of sick.

Comment

Working...
                X