Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ho hum

Ok guys, I'm still procrastinating !
    See I'm going to have some cash in the new year (redundancy) and I need a vehicle that will survive a motoring/camping tour of Germany, Austria etc. without blowing up or otherwise coming to a grinding halt. Needs to accomodate two adults, two children, tent etc.
    I'm part inclined to buy something new, like a Nissan xtrail, but then I do fancy a surf too.
    I've read so many horror stories in these forums that I'm veering towards new.........but then I still fancy a surf !
    Anybody provide any guidance to help me out of my quandry ?

Originally posted by stakeholderman
    See I'm going to have some cash in the new year (redundancy) and I need a vehicle that will survive a motoring/camping tour of Germany, Austria etc. without blowing up or otherwise coming to a grinding halt. Needs to accomodate two adults, two children, tent etc.
    I'm part inclined to buy something new, like a Nissan xtrail, but then I do fancy a surf too.
    I've read so many horror stories in these forums that I'm veering towards new.........but then I still fancy a surf !
    There are 215 members none of which would part with their Surfs why do you suppose that is.....

Also it would be a kind of boring place if everyone logged on and said my car is 10 yr old and it needed nothing..

Incidentaly mine is 3ltr 94 auto had it 6 months done over 25000 miles on it so far and only changed the oil and water.. nothing else

go for it

Keith

And if any member was changing their motor chances are it would be for a newer model of the Surf
    I never ever apologise for anything. http://www.onestopshopformultimedia.com/smile.gif If you dont like it I am sorry but thats the way I am

Comment

I've owned a succession of 4x4's over the years including most of solihulls unreliable products.

Although I've only had my Surf for three weeks it's one of the best driving 4x4's I've ever been in apart from, say a Rav 4 or CRV which is totally car based and has no low range or ladder chassis.

In my previous job I ran a 500 car fleet so got to test drive most of the new products as well, including the L200, Ranger, etc, which are both crap on road whilst even the top stuff like the Toureg, X5 and ML are pretty crap off it! (I was lucky enough to test them at Millbrook)

From my research I decided against the 2.4 for well documented reasons but my 3.0TD has been a joy to own and I'm even a convert to auto boxes after driving this.

If i change my surf it will be for the next gen model
      '94 3.0TD SSR-G Limited Green over Silver, mmmmmmmmmm!

Comment

procrastinating !
        [font=Times New Roman][size=3]
        [size=5][/size]
        [/size][/font][font=Times New Roman][size=3][b][i][color=blue]I[/color][color=royalblue]a[/color][color=deepskyblue]n[/color] [color=blue]トヨタの[/color][color=royalblue]波92 のssr[/color][color=deepskyblue][color=royalblue]-g[/color] 擁護者[/color][/i][/b][/size][/font]

Comment

I,ve had my 15 year old 1st gen surf for 5 years, she may only be 2.4 but she has NEVER given me trouble. I,m now starting to replace factory fitted parts cos they are wearing out.The surf is a well kept secret that is now starting to leak out. Have a good look round before you buy, but you will never regret getting 0ne.
          My next vehicle WILL be a surf but I wont sell this one I'LL just fit a V8 and lift her up high to give TonyN somthing to drooool over.

sumo.
          If the puddles to deep..LEARN TO SCUBA.

Comment

Originally posted by hormygollop
            There are 215 members none of which would part with their Surfs why do you suppose that is.....

i'd part with mine.... for the right price!
            nee nar nee nar, i'm a fire engine!

Comment

Easy choice:- do you want something purposeful, rugged and gorgeous that makes you jealous when the other half drives off to work in it OR do you want a Nissan Xtrail
              The decision...... is yours !!

Sorry I'm no help but I'm biased

Jim
              [center][font=Microsoft Sans Serif][size=7][color=magenta][u][b][img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/hipgrl12.gif[/img][/b][/u][/color][/size] [img]http://www.gifs.net/animate/hipmn1.gif[/img][/font][/center][center][img]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/jim_ashton/shyAV5.jpg[/img][/center][center][b][color=#ff00ff][size=7][u]E[/u][/size][u][size=5]ms [/size][size=5]&[/size][size=7] J[/size][size=5]im[/size][/u][/color][/b][/center]

Comment

PRO........Lady of the night
                CRAS......Almost in poor taste
                TIN........Undernourished
                ATING.....Having your dinner in Dublin.

So the word means.........

Dining out in O'Connel St, with a hooer on a diet, and the food is rubbish.

John
                http://members.dodo.com.au/burston/drinkofbeer.gifA pint of lunatic soup please!

Comment

REPLY to No HUM

No matter what vehicle you have they all have faults of some sort or another. Price is going to determain what you buy, a 3.0litre T/D would be the best bet but they start around the £7250-00p mark.
                  The main problem on the 2.4 T/D is the head but if you shop round you could find one that already been done hence no more head worries. By the way l have 2.4's and 3.0litre models for sale.
                  Live Life To The Full

Comment

Working...
                  X