Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Smoke

Hi Guy's
    Being a newbi and not bought my surf yet I was startled to see an add for a repair kit to stop black smoke when you accelerate.
    The ad (ebay seller) went on to say that all surfs do this and fitting a ball bearing somewhere will cure it.

Do all surfs smoke like this?????.
    john

Originally posted by johnsiddle
    Hi Guy's
    Being a newbi and not bought my surf yet I was startled to see an add for a repair kit to stop black smoke when you accelerate.
    The ad (ebay seller) went on to say that all surfs do this and fitting a ball bearing somewhere will cure it.

john

Don't do it

Do a search for EGR
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Hi Guy's

john
      Search the forum for EGR. The Ebay item is a bit of a money waste, as the same job can be done with a cable tie.

Comment

Hi Guy's

john
        No, they don't all smoke and if they do you can fix it in five minutes with a cable tie. Do a search for 'EGR' on the forum and it should all be clear.

Comment

Smoke

my surf doesnt nor has it ever had a smoking problem. If you do get a smoky surf sometimes disconecting the EGR helps. (do a search on EGR mod)

hope that helps

Comment

That was quick .....4 replies
            www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
              5:

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/at...1&d=1155739046

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                Friday afternoon innit?

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
                  Friday afternoon innit?
                  Heh... was about to post that!
                  Roll on the weekend!

Comment

Hi Guy's

john
                    Its not a Surf thing its Deisel thing as said search egr thread
                    Brian

Comment

Thanks Guy's

Thanks guys that was indeed very quick. Are all you guys surf nurds or computer nurds?????
                      I thought it was only computer nurds like me who spent all day on the computer at least thats what my wife calls me..

Thanks again I was getting worried cus I have driven a lot of diesels and not really expirienced this except on old $$$$py diesels.

John

Comment

Gen1 and gen2

Out of interest at which point did gen2 surfs come into existence and when did the slip diff get fitted that allowed 4 wheel drive on hard surfaces???
                        John

Comment

The 2nd don't like hard dry surface it was the 3rd gen 96 onwards that had the change
                          Brian

Comment

Out of interest at which point did gen2 surfs come into existence and when did the slip diff get fitted that allowed 4 wheel drive on hard surfaces???
                            John
                            First gen was something like 84-89(ish)
                            Second gen 89-96(ish)
                            Third gen 96-01(ish)

Here: http://www.hiluxsurf.eu/faq_general.htm#gen

It's not so much a slip diff as a centre diff to referee between the front and back. It came in with the 3rd gens.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks guy's
                              John

Comment

Working...
                              X