Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on a purchase needed

Hi everyone,
    well today I finally looked at what seems to be a good priced 2nd generation 3.0
    It had a couple of niggly problems, the tailgate window doesnt work via the switch but does on the key, is this a case of the wires being busted?
    Also the rear O/S window didnt seem to work at all, indicating a duff motor. How much can I reasonably negotiate off the price for these repairs?
    One other thing bugging me a bit is the mileage. Its a 1995 vehicle imported in 2002, with only 59000 on the clock. Now to me, unless the clocks have been changed and started agin from zero, this seems very low. Dont most just have the clock face changed and the odo left to read in km still? Unfortunately there is no paperwork or service history with the truck to back this up except the current and previous MOT. Would this put anyone off buying? the vehicle is otherwise in very good condition, is SSR-X Ltd, has a years ticket and 6 months tax. Its this one here down the bottom of the page. http://dealerservices.autotrader.co.uk/19968/stock.htm
    Any help will be appreciated, I am going back on Saturday for a test drive and would like to do a deal if it drives ok.
    Ebay search item 230357761354 !

alot of money for a truck with no history mate,got mine 2 months ago private,94 3.0 with 89k on clock,still in km's and only imported last year and i paid 2500,as for windows,well id just offer 2500 anyway lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny77
      Hi everyone,
      well today I finally looked at what seems to be a good priced 2nd generation 3.0
      It had a couple of niggly problems, the tailgate window doesnt work via the switch but does on the key, is this a case of the wires being busted? or could be window lock switch possibly
      Also the rear O/S window didnt seem to work at all, indicating a duff motor. How much can I reasonably negotiate off the price for these repairs? or could make the bugger fix em before you take delivery , you should also try to insist on a new cambelt
      One other thing bugging me a bit is the mileage. Its a 1995 vehicle imported in 2002, with only 59000 on the clock. Now to me, unless the clocks have been changed and started agin from zero, this seems very low it's possible. Dont most just have the clock face changed and the odo left to read in km still? yep Unfortunately there is no paperwork or service history with the truck to back this up except the current and previous MOT on a Jap import that is quite common. Would this put anyone off buying? the vehicle is otherwise in very good condition, is SSR-X Ltd, has a years ticket and 6 months tax. Its this one here down the bottom of the page. http://dealerservices.autotrader.co.uk/19968/stock.htm
      Any help will be appreciated, I am going back on Saturday for a test drive and would like to do a deal if it drives ok.
      Welcome to the nuthouse - beware the yeti

Seems to be reasonable, they are reliable old girls.

Trev
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

It seems good to me haggle and let us know how you get on by the end of this weekend i shall be a hardened rear window expert thanks to all the guys who have helped me on here and some of my own skinned knuckles.

Cheers JB
        www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

PS welcome to the forum.
          www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

Welcome to the asylum

Looks ok to me and £3000 ain't a bad price from a dealer. It seems unusual that a dealers pics are taken on the road though.

Windows aren't normally a major problem to fix, could be that the offside motors been nicked for the tailgate already if that window don't work at all. Still no major hassle as several toyotas of similar age used those motors so they're not too hard to come by from a sc.rappy. But use it as a bargaining point anyway.

Being a dealer it should be priced for a bit of haggling, so if it's got no history with it get at least a service and cambelt knocked off the price.
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

Get it, Lift it, get it muddy, brake it, fix it.
              Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Working...
              X