What do 2.4's actually sell for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do 2.4's actually sell for?

I've been looking through the 'surfs for sale' section, and 2.4's seem really hard to sell now. They seem to get reduced a lot but of course you can rarely see what they sold for in the end.

Sometime early in the new year I'm going to have to change the surf. I get a car allowance and feul card from work, but they changed the rules a while back and will only give out a feul card on cars that do 35mpg or better. I've been putting of doing anything for nearly two years because they gave a 'grace' period where I can keep the existing feulcard. However that's coming to an end, and at the moment the wife isn't working (1 youngster to look after and another on the way) so I cant afford the surf and a car for work.

I'm really reluctant to get rid of the surf as it has been so reliable and capable for the last 3 and a half years and I've done 94,000 miles in it since i got it, but I'm going to have to change it for something that is big enough for the camping etc, but economical enough for work - maybe a ford galaxy or something.

Anyway, does anyone know what the going rate is for a scruffy but sound 2.4with 165,000 miles on the clock?

No offers to buy yet though, I'm stringing this out as long as possible.

Thanks

Dave

Scruffy on thise miles should get you £1200 - £1300, mines 60k miles and had full mot, and nearly mint and i paid £1600.

Thats just my opinion, and you may get more its just what i would pay, if the head has been done itll get more

Hope you can still drop in to us From time to time Dave
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

The hope is that when the missus is back to work I'll be able to get a nice 3.0, and then I'll have the luxury of not using it as a work car so it could be a little less sensible.

Comment

Originally posted by Medieval Dave
        The hope is that when the missus is back to work I'll be able to get a nice 3.0, and then I'll have the luxury of not using it as a work car so it could be a little less sensible.
        3.0 is a better choice as fuel is the same, power is way up on the 2.4. And they are less prone to head probs, LESS prone not exempt though
        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Working...
        X