Niggling problem spoiling fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Niggling problem spoiling fun

about 8-10 months ago i had a problem with my key sticking inthe ignition, marky came round to drop off the hanes type manual to allow me to investigate and resolve the issue. after he left the problem didnt occur again till yesterday. now its back with a vengence. sometime key come out fisrt time no problem and sometimes it wont com out for love nor money.
    I have done all the normal stuff, wiggling gear leaver, spraying WD40. I have come to the conclusion that replacing the ignition barell is the only answer.

Where is the best place to source one and what will it cost (approx)
    How difficult a job is it.

Is ther nay other thing I should try before this last resort

If you are mega stuck, disconnect the battery, it releases it
    More Lift.
    More Tyres.
    More Engine.

Comment

I've got a feeling that I've read about this before, some time ago. And a member on here said he could repair the barrel if it was sent to him.
      Can someone with a better memory help?
      Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra
        If you are mega stuck, disconnect the battery, it releases it

or BATTERIES if you have winter pack .

Comment

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...=lock+sticking

See if this helps at all.
          Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

I had this problem with mine when I disturbed the shifter mechanism removing the carpet, I just took it apart and re-assenbled it making sure that the switch is working properlyad all was well.

While it was still locked it, I found killing the power released the key.
            More Lift.
            More Tyres.
            More Engine.

Comment

that guy looks just like the man i need to speak to. has anyone any hints or tips on removing the lock?

thanks

Comment

benyetinyahoo

anyone know how to contact "benyetinyahoo", mentioned inthe link below. hes a locksmith but his mobile number is now dead and he dosent seem to have ben on here in a while.

also if i change my lock barell does that ten mean i need two different keys. one to open doors and one to start my surf?

thanks

Comment

I could pop round this Saturday & use my charm like last time mate.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
                  (")_(")

Comment

Working...
                  X