Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please locked my keys inside truck

Hi all
    I woke up this morning to a nice frost splatered across my windscreen so i unlocked my truck grabbed the deicer and threw my keys on the passenger seat and started deicing.....problem is my car automatically locks after a few seconds if the key is not in the ignition...hence freezing cold motorbike ride to work with keys locked in truck, my truck is a 1996 3rd gen...does anyone know of a way to get into the truck without smashing,breaking or drilling anything...if there is a way i would be most grateful of any advise my email is fat.mat@virgin.net oh yes lastly it has a sigma alarm fitted which operates the doors as well but the pushbutton thing is in the car with the keys but if anyone knows of a way to make this activate without the key fob to open the doors again i would be grateful.

Any help here would be great the weather forcast is frost frost and more frost and i only have a the use of a motorbike if the car is not working.

Cheers
    Mat
    Nut in a Truck

Pirate-Storm's the man to answer this...

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...t=35129&page=2
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by fatmat
      Hi all
      I woke up this morning to a nice frost splatered across my windscreen so i unlocked my truck grabbed the deicer and threw my keys on the passenger seat and started deicing.....problem is my car automatically locks after a few seconds if the key is not in the ignition...hence freezing cold motorbike ride to work with keys locked in truck, my truck is a 1996 3rd gen...does anyone know of a way to get into the truck without smashing,breaking or drilling anything...if there is a way i would be most grateful of any advise my email is fat.mat@virgin.net oh yes lastly it has a sigma alarm fitted which operates the doors as well but the pushbutton thing is in the car with the keys but if anyone knows of a way to make this activate without the key fob to open the doors again i would be grateful.

Any help here would be great the weather forcast is frost frost and more frost and i only have a the use of a motorbike if the car is not working.

Cheers
      Mat
      The door tops are quite flexible, RAC did this with mine, just get fingers in top of door surround and pull it out the put something in to wedge it, then get coathanger with hook in the end and use that to hook around the door handle and push the handle as if you were opening from the inside. Or do the same and get some super glue on the end rest it on the button and let it set.

When your finished put your knee on inside of the door and pull top back in a bit just to make sure its not bent.
      Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

You can do what Carl says, its easy to prise the door tops open enough to get a thin bit of wire in there between the rubber seals.

I use a bit of gas welding rod about 1 meter long, bend the end at 90 deg, about 1" long, then slip the wire down between the door, then you can put the bent corner against the window, and then twist the rod so the end digs into the lock button (helps to cut the end with some pliers to make it sharp), then gently pull it up to unlock to door.
        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Hi all cheers for the rapid response but i was really hoping not to bend the top of the door panel out, i know my luck i'll break something or do some damage somehow....is there any other way at all???? please.

Cheers
          Mat
          Nut in a Truck

Comment

Sorry to hear about your problem….

But I can’t believe that you didn’t have a spare set of keys kept somewhere safe!!!!

My Surf came with just one key and immobiliser fob so the very first thing I did was to go to the local lock smith for a spare key and order a new fob. Some months later I actually found a spare key wrapped up and bound to the inside of the rear wheel carrier, I guess it had been put there when the Surf was shipped from Japan.

This should be seen as a wake-up call to everyone of us…. This is not the time of year to be stranded or feeling like your fingers have been amputated due to the cold ridding a motorbike in winter (been there, done that, not nice!)

Hope you get it sorted soon!

Are you in the AA / RAC might be worth a call and cheaper than a mobile locksmith?
            Mine WAS a 150 bhp V6 and ran on PETROL

Comment

Originally posted by andy62
              Pirate-Storm's the man to answer this...

http://www.hiluxsurf.co.uk/forums/sh...t=35129&page=2
              i was about to say get woodzies lad he good at getting in the trucks!!.

Comment

If you have a fixed quarterlight with a rubber seal on the outside sometimes you can run a credit card under the seal to free the glass and pop it back in again once you've got the keys out. I did it on a Mazda 323 parked up at a remote seal colony in New Zealand. Once I had stopped shouting at the person that locked them there in the first place......

Comment

have you checked round the truck under the arches and the like to see if there is a spare put there by the last owner for just such an occasion?
                  Last edited by drunkmonkeyboy; 11 December 2007, 11:26.
                  it never rain it pours! glad I got the 4X4

Comment

Thanks for all the advise guys....i've had a word with a few people at work and they agree with the bending the window out option so i'll give that ago tonight.

Thanks again guys...great response in such a short time.

Cheers
                    Mat
                    Nut in a Truck

Comment

Are you not in the AA or RAC?

You could get them to sort it. They usually have a 'method' of entry.
                      Dunno exactly what that is but have seen them 'break in' without causing damage.
                      Ian
                      One day my paranoia will go away!

Comment

Originally posted by fatmat
                        Thanks for all the advise guys....i've had a word with a few people at work and they agree with the bending the window out option so i'll give that ago tonight.

Thanks again guys...great response in such a short time.

Cheers
                        Mat
                        If you don't go silly you'll not do any damage. Wrap a big screw driver up in a rag and use it as a lever between the roof and the door edge. The rear top corner of the door gets you most flex without straining to much.
                        4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Job done....exactly as you explained to do it...went home dinner time wedged the edge of the door open a little slid a wire in and hooked up the little latch thing.

Rather easy after all with no damage, did leave me thinking it was a little to easy to get into a locked car...think i'll be extra carefull about what i leave inside from now on.

Any way BIG thanks

Mat
                          Nut in a Truck

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm
                            i was about to say get woodzies lad he good at getting in the trucks!!.
                            And mondeos...........
                            Working at last.......

Comment

just grab a brick and toss it at it yes you know you want to
                              S S R G is the only way to surf

scottish mud club member kerelawsurf

Comment

Working...
                              X