bull bar question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bull bar question

Will a set from a 2000 model fit the 3rd gen as i think these have come off a single cab hilux

Probably not without modifications.

But nothing you couldn't overcome somehow.

Comment

If it has the same chasis as the surf then yes, otherwise, angle grinder and welder.
      http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

It's this 1 here i'm just waiting for a reply from the guy selling to confirm what exact hilux model it is

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=300179522107

Comment

a 2000 reg pickup would be a mk 4 mate.

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
            a 2000 reg pickup would be a mk 4 mate.

a god forbid u weld a 3rd gen to a 2nd gen!!LOL

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2
              a god forbid u weld a 3rd gen to a 2nd gen!!LOL

Im not against putting anything on well, Anything!!

I was just suggesting welding it on would perhaps be not the best way of fixing the bull bar, Ive done some research on them for a while and on some occasion they save damage - others, they make it a million times worse, At least they can be unbolted with relative ease in the event of a crash to get at anything that may need replacing ( Even Stormforce will need to remove his bars to get at the damaged panels )

If they are welded on - thats it, bin them!! Bolted? just take them off an put them back on again!

I was only thinking of you mate

Comment

Im not against putting anything on well, Anything!!

I was just suggesting welding it on would perhaps be not the best way of fixing the bull bar, Ive done some research on them for a while and on some occasion they save damage - others, they make it a million times worse, At least they can be unbolted with relative ease in the event of a crash to get at anything that may need replacing ( Even Stormforce will need to remove his bars to get at the damaged panels )

If they are welded on - thats it, bin them!! Bolted? just take them off an put them back on again!

I was only thinking of you mate
                only kiddin buddy,already looked into it,will just have tack welds at side,so just need 5 mins with grinder to take off

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2
                  only kiddin buddy,already looked into it,will just have tack welds at side,so just need 5 mins with grinder to take off

Fair enough then mate!

Ive done some welding when i was younger, my uncle said i was a natural, aint done some since!

I'd love to fab something up! Got 99.9% of the tools needed for pretty much anything!!

Comment

Fair enough then mate!

Ive done some welding when i was younger, my uncle said i was a natural, aint done some since!

I'd love to fab something up! Got 99.9% of the tools needed for pretty much anything!!
                    i cant weld,but we have our own hgv fitter to look after trucks,he can weld,and also has his built from scratch rangerover 3.9 bobtail!

Comment

Working...
                    X