Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate Christmas lights

hate Bl00dy christmas tree lights.

Every year I put lights up it turns out the same just like today.

I put lights up around window and found 1/2 don't work.
    So searched for the bulb tester.
    Eventually found the tester but the battery was flat.
    Took the battery from something else in the house tried again.
    Went shopping for lights bought 1/2 the different types in the shop 60mile round trip.

Got home to find none are anything like the ones need although they look the same.

So I start $$$$$ing plastic off the spare bulds with a knife to try and jam said lights into holder but the bulb bursts now I have blood everywhere and glass in my bl00dy finger.

So gave up with the bl00dy things and went outside to put up some more in a tree.
    Got the up ladder but a branch broke ladder went for 6 I dropped the lights which shattered like caps from a kids gun while I'm left in the tree swinging like cheeta.

Ok so I decided I couldn't go wrong with the plastic garden santa and snow man but when I got them out yep the bulbs had blown.

I changed the bulbs and reconnected the waterproof connectors on the lawn picked up the flex, ba$tid just burned my bl00dy fingers on the cable when I got a shock. Never mind at least the bleedings now stopped from earlier.
    Discovered a wire had come loose in the plug.
    Changed plug but the screwdriver I'm usind is rubbish so I now have a neat puncture wound to my right thumb.

Ok time to put up Santa no lights he's just stuffed with foam and he hangs from the house guttering got him up and tied down when blasted legs fell off.

Decided to not tempt fate so tied the ladder to a tree by running a rope through the dining room window and out the kitchen window so at least I wouldn't fall when I put his legs back on with tie wraps.

Opened the window and knocked the wifes chrystal vases off the side board with the window when it opened shattering them on the dining room table which is now chipped.

I'm going to lie down in a dark room with no lights ba bl00dy hum bug.
    Last edited by Highlander1; 10 December 2007, 13:33.
    www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

bl**dy hell mate, Sounds like Disney's lastest holiday distaster comedy movie!!

Very unlucky.

Merry Christmas!

Comment

National Lampoon's, Highlands christmas vaccation.

Comment

Hate to rub salt in your wounds but

Dragged ours out on Friday, everything still working, only two bulbs to replace and I had spares. Easy Peasy ( and they hadnt all spent the year tying themselves in to impossible knots either

Bogus
        Сви можемо

Comment

I did see only this last evening a display of festive lights that did read BAH HUMBUG, is that irony or just poor tast?
          James The Guv'nor
          Why walk when you can Surf!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus
            Hate to rub salt in your wounds but

Dragged ours out on Friday, everything still working, only two bulbs to replace and I had spares. Easy Peasy ( and they hadnt all spent the year tying themselves in to impossible knots either

Bogus
            The lights I tried to put up the tree were straight out the box I tried to phone for spare bulbs but can't find anyone on the internet who does them. the bulbs are screw in mini 10mm radius across the thread. They have W/40 C6 on the box for replacements with 3.6V0.12A spamped on the threaded part of the bulb.

Never again

Comment

Screw-in bulbs?????

Things have moved on a bit now John, it's either push fit bulbs or LEDs.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
                Screw-in bulbs?????

Things have moved on a bit now John, it's either push fit bulbs or LEDs.
                He's in Lochailort, electricity is a new fangled thing up there...
                Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

YOU DIDENT SAY OUT ABOUT A RCD get one they will save u life mate, fuses protect circits.

Comment

Originally posted by andy62
                    He's in Lochailort, electricity is a new fangled thing up there...
                    Last year with the storms at Christmas & New Year we were without electricity for 3 weeks.

Still it was nice to actually light the candles and use the camping stove for the Christmas dinner, made us appreciate it all the more.

Comment

change to led lights

Comment

Working...
                      X