3rd gen bull bar on 2nd gen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3rd gen bull bar on 2nd gen?

is it poss?dont mind welding on,need answer asap?

must be i gave will a bullbar off my truck and he swapped it with one off tony
    as tony said the one i gave will was a turd gen
    Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2
      is it poss?dont mind welding on,need answer asap?
      yea they can be made to fit
      https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

cheers guys,just weld to rails?

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
          must be i gave will a bullbar off my truck and he swapped it with one off tony
          as tony said the one i gave will was a turd gen

yes it does fit. but you have to have 2 extra brackets, as i had one off joker but swapped it with tonyn for a second gen one. dont think joker forgiven me yet. but ask tonyn when he's online n he will tell you mine was a third gen n he did fit it to skull but then swapped for second gen.
          if you forgive me joker can i buy ya light bars pretty plz

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm
            yes it does fit. but you have to have 2 extra brackets, as i had one off joker but swapped it with tonyn for a second gen one. dont think joker forgiven me yet. but ask tonyn when he's online n he will tell you mine was a third gen n he did fit it to skull but then swapped for second gen.
            ok cheers for that,but one of my rails has snapped bolts in it,so im hopin to weld straight to them??

Comment

Could you try drilling out the bolt?!

It would be a total pig to try an get them to fit without fabbing up some bolt on brackets mate.

Plus, If you have a head on colision god knows what they could do if they were welded on. Twisted frame an its a write off isnt it?!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
                Could you try drilling out the bolt?!

It would be a total pig to try an get them to fit without fabbing up some bolt on brackets mate.

Plus, If you have a head on colision god knows what they could do if they were welded on. Twisted frame an its a write off isnt it?!
                cheers rod it will be fine!!,besides will appear legal when the law changes next year bout bull bars!

Comment

cheers rod it will be fine!!,besides will appear legal when the law changes next year bout bull bars!

The new laws wont affect any of us mate.

Its resticting fitment of new bullbars. There was talk of it only taking effect on new 4x4s etc. But i'm not sure if thats the case still.

Comment

The new laws wont affect any of us mate.

Its resticting fitment of new bullbars. There was talk of it only taking effect on new 4x4s etc. But i'm not sure if thats the case still.
                    the way its read at the mo,and from wot ive been told by traffic sargeant is,if it isnt factory fit,it wont be legal,no matter the age

Comment

the way its read at the mo,and from wot ive been told by traffic sargeant is,if it isnt factory fit,it wont be legal,no matter the age

hmm, I guess its going to be one of those "wait and see" things.

It was supposed to come into effect many months ago an didnt, Its still a total mess.

All the documentation i have on the subject dosen't mention anything about removing already fitted bars etc. I think its just a grey area filled with rumours an misconceptions. The only way we are going to find out whats what with it, Is when its finally applied!

Comment

hmm, I guess its going to be one of those "wait and see" things.

It was supposed to come into effect many months ago an didnt, Its still a total mess.

All the documentation i have on the subject dosen't mention anything about removing already fitted bars etc. I think its just a grey area filled with rumours an misconceptions. The only way we are going to find out whats what with it, Is when its finally applied!
                        hopefully im wrong

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm
                          if you have got a set of thule roofbars [as new]to swap will you can have my lightbar +other roof bar
                          Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
                            if you have got a set of thule roofbars [as new]to swap will you can have my lightbar +other roof bar
                            no m8 i havent got anything to swap m8 thats why i was asking bout buying yours its ok i will get some after xmas if i treat wifey nice

Comment

Working...
                            X