• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• clarkson

again seen and nicked from difflock

Taken from BBC news website

Clarkson quizzed over gang ordeal

Jeremy Clarkson was accosted by a gang outside a sports complex
    Top Gear presenter Jeremy Clarkson has been interviewed by police after he was accused of being abusive towards a teenager who was harassing him.
    Mr Clarkson explained in his Sunday Times column how he was pestered by youths outside Xscape sports centre in Milton Keynes, on 23 November.

The gang then followed him as he walked off so he lifted one youth by his top.

Mr Clarkson was questioned at his Oxfordshire home. Police said if there had been an offence he was the victim.

Mr Clarkson, who lives in Chipping Norton, had been visiting Xscape with his youngest daughter who was celebrating her birthday.

The gang followed him after he asked them to leave him alone.

In his column, he said he grabbed the ringleader by his hoodie and lifted him off the ground.

He admitted he was worried about being prosecuted for assault and he put the boy down again.

A 14-year-old girl later contacted Thames Valley Police to inform them a man had been abusive to her friend.

Police spoke to witnesses at the centre who said the girl had been part of a group warned away by security staff earlier that day.

Mr Clarkson said neither wished to make a complaint nor provide a statement.

A Thames Valley Police spokesman said: "Mobile phone images were viewed, as well as CCTV footage, and it became apparent that, if any offence had occurred, it was the man who was the victim.

"There is no evidence that a crime took place and therefore there will be no police action."

at least the police saw sense.
    ______________________________ ____
    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

when your famous ie presenter actor/actress etc etc you expect to be seen by people who want to pester you for your autograph etc etc as far as im concerned clarkson did the right thing.ive done enough of that protecting people when i was doing film security before my breakdown yes i wasnt always as soft n stupid as i am now the old saying '' you come to me walking but you will crawl away after'' even though im not a trained body guard i still had a job to do, but for kids or disabled people i would approach the actor etc myself n have a word n always get the autograph for them or take the kids n disabled to them out of the way of other people i was respected by all those days

Comment

That was in the sunday times...........he wrote about it and was expecting it to be all over youtube
      www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Good for him!

$$$$$$ kids these days!

I like J C. He happens to be on telly, but he's an ordinary bloke. He reacted the same way I would if d1ckheads were hassling my family. Good for him!
        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

I don't believe it! The police officer(s) who handled this should go round other forces explaining how it should be done. I'm sure that 99 times out of 100 the innocent party would have been hauled over the coals because $$$$$$ kids made a compaint.

Some (certainly not all) of them know only to well that normally, no matter what, the law comes down on their side.

Kudos to Jezza and the police officers.

'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Working...
          X