true cost of lift and tyres?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• true cost of lift and tyres?

Been thinking about body/ suspension lift and oversized tyres. What I want to know from anyone who has done this, is how much of a difference has this made to your insurance premiums, being modified now. I just bought my Surf and had to change insurance companies as my old company would'nt insure imports. Found the same answer with many other insurerers.
    私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

not a performance mod so shouldn't mske any difference to the insurance feckers.
    i swear, it was like that when i got here...

Comment

Originally posted by logey79
      not a performance mod so shouldn't mske any difference to the insurance feckers.
      I was once refused insurance because the rear windows of my Astra ESTATE were blacked out ?????
      私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

I did'nt tell em! as far as they know it was like that when i got here, WTF do i know the bugga's will only use it to hike the premium up if you tell em about every little thing you add to it/take off it, so sod em, only time i'd inform them is if i uprated to a bigger engine etc,
        Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

They vary for company to company, A-Plan added nothing for all the stuff on Linda's truck, but need to be informed. Adrian Flux needed an engineers report, but no extra premium.

Just give them a call, and see what they say.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I was thinkink about not telling them either and telling them that it was modified when I bought it. However I believe the question they ask is whether it has been modified, I think that means by you or anyone else. I could play ignorant and tell them that I thought the truck was original, but a 5" lift with 32- 33 tyres?? I would hate to have a claim refused, especially if I did some serious damge to someone else.
            私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Hey,

My quote from Adrian flux was £800,

When i called an declared mods - of which are sus lift. winch bumper, silly exhaust, light pod, wheel spacers an told them of future plans all listed an covered for when i fit them..

I ended up with a quote of.....

£850!!!! I had to fill in a from like TonyN mentioned. I got a very very high level of breakdown cover for cheap an i also got "like for like" on my mods.

Which is awesome, im 20 years old, 2 NCB. parked on the road!

Comment

Adrian Flux just send me a form every year i have to fill in, not a proper engineers report, but just somethin to declare all the mods on. Doesn't seem to affect my premium at all.
                =========
                =SOLD UP!=
                =========

Comment

Adrian flux charged me 15 quid admin fee when declared all my mods- no premium increase though.

Comment

Thanx to all. I'll give Adrian Flux a try.

Gordon...
                    私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

It's in the way you tell them, I have been with Tesco's for years now ,
                      had my 2.4 lifted by uncle Tony by 2 inches ( many thanks GREAT ! )
                      I contacted Tesco's and stated that I have replaced my worn out
                      dampers and rear springs with uprated heavy duty ones .

They said they have noted that and as it was not a performance mod
                      there is no extra premium. Good for me ! ha ha .

I would say that I went from 30x9.50x15 only to 31X10.50x15 they fill the arches nice but there is a noticable loss of accelaration and power !

I would take advice on going up to 32 or 33 on a 2.4 motor you may like
                      the look but you may have to put up with the lack of umph !

Cheers Chris
                      GOT NO COWBOYS HERE?

Comment

i recently changed insurance companies and all my mods are new for old and the premium is a bit cheaper than my old company that wouldnt cover the mods
                        https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
                        X