cruising speed 3rd gen 3.0 auto??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cruising speed 3rd gen 3.0 auto??

I used to have a 2.4 manual 1st gen surf which was a great machine but would only cruise cofortably at 55 mph.

Now contenplating returning to the fold with a 3rd gen 3.0 auto and wondered if this would be any better for motorway stints.

read somewhere that most jap imports have lower gearing than uk models? is this right?

My 3.0 2nd gen sits easy 70 all the way in and out from work and thats running AT tyres
    Brian

Comment

usually sit at 80 on long journeys
      Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Mine will happily cruise at 100+ (on the autobahns, of couse orificer) The mrs claimed she has had 120 out of it... I have not tried... I didn't buy it for speed!
        More Lift.
        More Tyres.
        More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra
          Mine will happily cruise at 100+ (on the autobahns, of couse orificer) The mrs claimed she has had 120 out of it... I have not tried... I didn't buy it for speed!
          OK, surely that's 120kph not mph. I really can't see our brick shaped trucks getting even close to 120mph.
          Paul </Slugsie>
          Immortal.so far!

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra
            not the Stig is she ?
            Bunkle
            Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

Thats miles, albeit indicated.

I believe her to be honest as I said it happily cruises at 100, although you can feel it battling the air.

It was on the way to a show in convoy with me in the supra TT, a V8 Supra and a super charged S2000, we were making good ground, but holding back enough for the "support truck" to keep up!
              More Lift.
              More Tyres.
              More Engine.

Comment

iv had mine to 100 easy dont feel to wobbly with at's on it. but with sat nav it tells me i had been travelling at 94 mph so i know my speedo is out at those speeds, but on the whole it feels superb on m'way even in wet.

Comment

I'v had mine at 100 and she can pull away sharpish from junctions when needed...

Back in the day Baby

Comment

i can vouch for the above 3 gens, mine easily goes in to 3 figures, i have seen 110 on the satnav n speedo red just under 120
                    unlike a 2 gen at 3000rpm its doing 95mph
                    Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

120 mph in a Surf.... do you guys practice 'in flight refuelling' ..any idea of the consumption...

Back in the day Baby

Comment

Originally posted by Vultch
                        120 mph in a Surf.... do you guys practice 'in flight refuelling' ..any idea of the consumption...
                        only done it once to see what it could do, stopping the beast is scarry thats why i changed my discs and pads- bad brake fade and vibes

wifey drives her all week and is allways frightening herself when she realizes shes driving along at 80-90 mph, still returns mpg in the high 20's
                        Surf.gone but not forgottendisco now gone aswell

Comment

Originally posted by Vultch
                          I if you dropped it off a cliff with a following wind
                          Brian

Comment

Had 110 on mine when i was coming back from kent, am also sure mine is still locked at112mph as most jap vehicles are mr2 are for sure and need to be delimited i used half a tank from kent to cardiff mainly at 80/90 but also booted up to the max

Comment

Dont know the accuracy of the speedo but my 2nd gen speedo needle goes round till it hits the fuel guage and appears to have a bit left under the right boot - only done it twice....didn't believe it the first time! but it was fair humping allong
                              Did I mention I have a BLUE one
                              Tony

Comment

Working...
                              X