hornet alarm help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hornet alarm help!!!

hi just bought our surf today brill!!! 3.0 1997 hi-lux surf automatic remembering all the sales man told us EXCEPT this blessed alarm it seem to have, it has central lock on the car and a seperate box with two buttons and led
    is one bleep to lock and two bleeps to open or is it the other way around, any help please can,t seem to get it right and the alarm has gone off when we have put key in ignition etc!!!!!!! neighbours now know we have a surf!!!!!!!

Try this

Hi and welcome to the mad house! This reminds of the Xantia that I just sold. I finished the deal, waved him goodbye, and was sat watching TV wondering why some clown was outside setting his car alarm of every five minutes. Twenty minutes later there was a red-faced knock on the door!

Alarms usually reset after 20 seconds, so don't press any buttons for 20 seconds.
    Then press one button once. Try the ignition, if it works then great.
    If not then wait 20 seconds.
    Try another button.
    Usually, after 20 seconds the system will beep twice to let you know that it has re-armed. So it might be an idea to wait until you hear it, before you try again.

Think yourself lucky, the motorcycle alarm I have has two buttons. The combinations can arm, disarm, service mode, ferry mode, turn off altogether etc etc, and what happens depends on whether the ignition key is in or out, and how long it is since I turned the ignition off. Fuel stops are a bundle of laughs!!

Have fun

Rob G

Comment

Welcome to the forum guys!!! Post us some pics so we can admire your new truck!!!
      Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X