Virgin Media V+ Box.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virgin Media V+ Box.

Decided to splash out on one of those Virgin media V+ boxes. Sort of like Sky Plus. It can store 80 hours of TV and record 2 programs at once while you watch a 3rd! Thought it would come in handy over the Christmas period.

Special offer at the moment, £75 installed and no extra on the monthly payments.

I'm sure someone on here must have one already, so before I get it installed what are the pros and cons (if any)?

'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Originally posted by Copycat
    Decided to splash out on one of those Virgin media V+ boxes. Sort of like Sky Plus. It can store 80 hours of TV and record 2 programs at once while you watch a 3rd! Thought it would come in handy over the Christmas period.

Special offer at the moment, £75 installed and no extra on the monthly payments.

I'm sure someone on here must have one already, so before I get it installed what are the pros and cons (if any)?

I got exactly the same with freeview, The box is a twin tuner and cost one off payment (no monthly charges) £179 Its great except the misses records all the soaps, as if they're not on enough times throughout the day.
    http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

hi mate yep ive got one,im a virgin vip!lol,they r v good,ie pick a program and u can record entire series at push of a button,only real downside is that its same as normal virgin box for crashing

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2
        hi mate yep ive got one,im a virgin vip!lol,they r v good,ie pick a program and u can record entire series at push of a button,only real downside is that its same as normal virgin box for crashing
        Sounds good. The only thing that happens with my old Virgin box, (no rude comments please) is that every now and again the program listing page goes t!ts up. It just keeps saying, 'No program information' and you have to reboot the box.

Comment

Sounds good. The only thing that happens with my old Virgin box, (no rude comments please) is that every now and again the program listing page goes t!ts up. It just keeps saying, 'No program information' and you have to reboot the box.

yep thats wot i mean by crashing,the + box does it sometimes,does yr broadband come from them too?

Comment

yep thats wot i mean by crashing,the + box does it sometimes,does yr broadband come from them too?
            Yeah, got the full package, phone, 4mb broadband and the XL telly package. Was paying £55 a month but said I was going to go with Sky so they reduced it to £35, not to bad a price and never any bother with internet connection apart from occasional slow email service.

Comment

Yeah, got the full package, phone, 4mb broadband and the XL telly package. Was paying £55 a month but said I was going to go with Sky so they reduced it to £35, not to bad a price and never any bother with internet connection apart from occasional slow email service.

they may change the way yr internet connects.......mine was thru the tv box

Comment

they may change the way yr internet connects.......mine was thru the tv box
                Got a stand alone internet connection upstairs mate so I don't think there' ll be any change.

Comment

Got a stand alone internet connection upstairs mate so I don't think there' ll be any change.

u will be fine then,and u will get the funky new remote!

Comment

we had a letter through the door today about the xl plus box we are thinking about upgrading to it but wanted to know if there was any limit on the download side of things.
                    www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein
                      we had a letter through the door today about the xl plus box we are thinking about upgrading to it but wanted to know if there was any limit on the download side of things.
                      v+ is 80 hours

Comment

v+ is 80 hours
                        sorry i meant the broadband side of things
                        www.overfab.uk

Comment

oh ok lol,don't think so but tbh not checked as i have a cunning program so it could never be checked,but i can tell u its vvvvvv quick

Comment

oh ok lol,don't think so but tbh not checked as i have a cunning program so it could never be checked,but i can tell u its vvvvvv quick
                            they are offering 20 meg.but they dont say if there is a limit on downloads.
                            www.overfab.uk

Comment

Originally posted by surfenstein
                              they are offering 20 meg.but they dont say if there is a limit on downloads.
                              thats wot i got!pretty sure no limit,trytheir web page

Comment

Working...
                              X