Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yo Hello!

Hi,

My other half has just bought a Surf (a bit less girly than her old Corsa) and have been browsing the forums for a couple of months now as my brother has a Surf too. Were located just outside Newhaven, Sussex and have seen other surfs now and then at the Boxgrove or Slindon Safari 4x4 days, if your there say hi!

Anyway my bro has a slightly modded 2nd gen SSR and the mrs just got a SSR-X standard apart from the usual import bars/wind dflectors.

Anyway thought i would say hi as suggested as im having a few electrical problems:

Linky here

Anyway please give a hoot and wave if you see us anywhere!

PS my name is James!

Hi James and welcome to the madhouse !!!

It's good to see another Sussex Surfer

Beware the Yeti

Trev
    Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

hi and im only portslade and ill wave lol,ps where was the float?as mine does the same?

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2
        hi and im only portslade and ill wave lol,ps where was the float?as mine does the same?
        In the brake fluid reservoir , Not sure on its location in the 3ltrs engine bay, but its next to the bulkhead on the offside in the 2.4 .

Comment

Hello again, didn't realise you was a southeast surfer - Generation and colour wars are so last year, location wars are the next big thing, trust me!
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

welcome mate london is the place for offroading , we have the biggest pavements
            Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Faltie James

bienvenue aboard.

We are a really friendilily bunch who will take the most merciful mick especialily if yuo make a spelling mistake or tyopgrafical error.

Seriously this is a brilliant place to waste a couple of hours if you are board and have nothing better to do with your time

Seriously I think it's well worth a tenner a month.
              www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

Thanks for the welcome Highlander, The B&B in your sig link looks amazing, is that where you live?

Comment

Originally posted by Roseyboy
                  Thanks for the welcome Highlander, The B&B in your sig link looks amazing, is that where you live?
                  Yes James thats our pad open all year.

Cheers JB

Comment

Just to add to my list of problems (see the electrical threads), the other half was with driect line insurance (parents, named driver) who are not honoring her no claims (2 and a bit years) unless she takes out insurance with them again, currently going with Adrian Flux but they have just mentioned it will cost £630 extra now... of course she would take it out with direct line but they wont insure her as she is under 21 on a Surf!

Any suggestions of insurance for young lady drivers?

Comment

Just to add to my list of problems (see the electrical threads), the other half was with driect line insurance (parents, named driver) who are not honoring her no claims (2 and a bit years) unless she takes out insurance with them again, currently going with Adrian Flux but they have just mentioned it will cost £630 extra now... of course she would take it out with direct line but they wont insure her as she is under 21 on a Surf!

As you said, Adrian Flux. Halved my premium for this year from Aquote.

£850 with loads of mods declared. Im 20, 2 years no claims. parked on the road.

It may cost more, an she may lose her no claims but being with Flux is great, I feel free to do whatever i want to my truck an i wont be facing a "ohhh sorry were taking away your insurance"

Comment

Ask them to provide her with a certificate of her no claims. If they say no, ask them to release all information they hold on her under freedom of information.

Comment

I took out a Direct line policy but cancelled it a monthlater co's they wanted too much for my daughter to drive. I went with Admiral on an all cars policy now have 3 cars including the Surf and daughter insured as a policy holder (she's 17 and 2 months old) for £758. much less than she would have had to pay direct line for a wee Nissan Micra.

Cheers JB

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
                            As you said, Adrian Flux. Halved my premium for this year from Aquote.

£850 with loads of mods declared. Im 20, 2 years no claims. parked on the road.

It may cost more, an she may lose her no claims but being with Flux is great, I feel free to do whatever i want to my truck an i wont be facing a "ohhh sorry were taking away your insurance"
                            Ya i used to be with Adrian flux in my boy racer days (well actually my first car was a Pug 205 1.9 GTI "most stolen car of the 80's apparently") and they were the cheapest, and they were the cheapest for the surf. which was a pain to insure as lots of main stream company's not goign anywhere near a import. Unfortunatly as im a bit older and now have a sensible RX8 :-) i was able to stick it on Nataionwide with my life/home insurance and get it dirt cheap.

I will tell her to stick with it on flux, i had no problems with them in my time. Shame though its another £70 or so a month.

Will also try the release freedom of information act. Do you have any links Sancho?

Comment

Will also try the release freedom of information act. Do you have any links Sancho?
                              No, and I don't even know whether it applies. But it's fun shouting at people and telling them you're taking them to court if they don't do things....

Comment

Working...
                              X