well its time for a new head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• well its time for a new head

not what i wanted for crimbo but im taking the truk to Steveo week on wednesday for a new head after loads of trouble with the truck losing water and getting hot, just hope its gunna sort it so i can love the damn thing again....
    if a politition is talking its lying

wot is it with the 3.0's at the mo???

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2
      wot is it with the 3.0's at the mo???
      They seem to have 'come of age'

Not that many have bit the bullet so to speak.

2.4s were very prone, the V6 is a going to happen no questions asked! an some 3.0ltrs are getting it too.

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
        the V6 is a going to happen no questions asked!
        Nonsense. They have been around as long as the 2.4s and have no history of the heads going.

Toyota cunningly fitted them with sacrificial head gaskets that sh!t themselves long before the heads go. Or every 70,000 miles - whichever is sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by Sancho
          Nonsense. They have been around as long as the 2.4s and have no history of the heads going.

Toyota cunningly fitted them with sacrificial head gaskets that sh!t themselves long before the heads go. Or every 70,000 miles - whichever is sooner.

Thats what i meant! The gaskets... honest

I knew there was gasket trouble that seems to appear around 50,000kms? right!?!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
            Thats what i meant! The gaskets... honest

I knew there was gasket trouble that seems to appear around 50,000kms? right!?!
            More like 100,000.

A combination of poor material choice and rubbish exhaust design so there's a hotspot and the gasket can't cope (so the yanks reckon). New gaskets fix most (apparently) but some just keep on going.

Comment

More like 100,000.

A combination of poor material choice and rubbish exhaust design so there's a hotspot and the gasket can't cope (so the yanks reckon). New gaskets fix most (apparently) but some just keep on going.
              Ahh, Well, there twice as good as i thought they were! So thats a plus right?

Its a shame all the surf engines arnt the most powerful in the world, Ford are bringing out a 3.0ltr turbo diesel for the new transit that has 262BHP.

thats crazy! My truck is around 100bhp. I think the lexus V8 is 250bhp ( Vince can confirm that one! )

I still think its total schite that we dont get the 4th gen surfs over here.

Comment

ah la rover 1.8!

Comment

Originally posted by firefly
                  not what i wanted for crimbo but im taking the truk to Steveo week on wednesday for a new head after loads of trouble with the truck losing water and getting hot, just hope its gunna sort it so i can love the damn thing again....
                  well i got same xmas prezzy as u not sure weather its the head or gasket so just going with a whole new lot. not the prezzy i was looking forward to either.

Comment

after my chat with Steveo he did say i bet its a L reg ( it is) and he just said he aint gettng much else but this year of car so watch out you Mreg boys it could be you next year lol....jesus i can still laugh
                    if a politition is talking its lying

Comment

Originally posted by firefly
                      after my chat with Steveo he did say i bet its a L reg ( it is) and he just said he aint gettng much else but this year of car so watch out you Mreg boys it could be you next year lol....jesus i can still laugh
                      Freaky... mine just went ...a 3.0 ltr and .....she is an L reg

Back in the day Baby

Comment

I think it's the straight six 3.0 that destroys its head every so often, not the V6.

I used to know someone with a Toyota dealership when I lived in Wales. He said the Supra turbos were a bu66er for heads going, and they were a straight six.
                        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                        X