tyres

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tyres

I wonder if someone can help with a tyre sizing question?
    I understand the tyre fittments when displayed as 264/65/15 for example. What does a sizeng like 31x10.5/15 mean. I know the 15 is the wheel size. Sorry if this is a basic question, I'm new to 4x's. What I would like to do is refit some 50/50 tyres on my new Surf. 1st of all to be able to do a bit of off roading and secondly so I dont look like every other muppet who decided to buy a 4x4 for his Mrs. and will never see anything more trechourous than the sleeping policeman outside his kids school. Whats the biggest size of tyre I can fit to my LN30 without a body or suspension lift ?
    私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Originally posted by blackpoolsparks
    I wonder if someone can help with a tyre sizing question?
    I understand the tyre fittments when displayed as 264/65/15 for example. What does a sizeng like 31x10.5/15 mean. I know the 15 is the wheel size. Sorry if this is a basic question, I'm new to 4x's. What I would like to do is refit some 50/50 tyres on my new Surf. 1st of all to be able to do a bit of off roading and secondly so I dont look like every other muppet who decided to buy a 4x4 for his Mrs. and will never see anything more trechourous than the sleeping policeman outside his kids school. Whats the biggest size of tyre I can fit to my LN30 without a body or suspension lift ?
    31 is ground to top of tyre, 10.5 is width, and yes 15 is rims
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

31x10.50r15 is the biggest on a 15" rim, you can get 265/75/16's which are 31.6" tall, same width.

But obviously that needs new rims!

Best 50/50 tyre will be BFG All terrain!

Comment

Originally posted by The Lang-Shankit Scunner
        31 is ground to top of tyre, 10.5 is width, and yes 15 is rims
        So by that meaning a 31 tyre on a 15 inch rim would mean 8 inch of tyre side wall, yea?
        私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
          31x10.50r15 is the biggest on a 15" rim, you can get 265/75/16's which are 31.6" tall, same width.

But obviously that needs new rims!

Best 50/50 tyre will be BFG All terrain!
          thats lucky,i have 265/75/16's...............up for fun on my 31's lolololol
          and i prefer bfg mt's!

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2
            thats lucky,i have 265/75/16's...............up for fun on my 31's lolololol
            and i prefer bfg mt's!
            BFG Mts are a great tyre, but they would be schite as a 50/50 tyre!

Im a huge fan of the 265/75/16... if say, a 2.4 owner was lookin to upgrade a tyre size an not lose all power etc! then its the perfect size, a lil bit bigger then a 31 so fills the archs nice, looks good with a 2" lift too!!!

Comment

Im a huge fan of the 265/75/16... if say, a 2.4 owner was lookin to upgrade a tyre size an not lose all power etc! then its the perfect size, a lil bit bigger then a 31 so fills the archs nice, looks good with a 2" lift too!!!
              oh damn i only have a 3ltr lol

Comment

Im upgradin to 33's at earliest op, cos ive the susp lift and body lift, 33 12.5 15, smiffy has just squeezed them onto rims that carried 31's. Thats my plan till can afford to change rims too
                Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Excuse my ignorance...........why would I loose power by chasing tyre size ???
                  私のホバークラフト は鰻が一杯です。

Comment

Just because they weigh a lot more mate, an the rolling diameter is larger, its just harder to get the tyre to turn,

31's no problem! 265/75/16's no problem! 33's will make a dent, 35's will make a massive dent... obviously MPG will drop to match - the larger the tyre, the larger the fuel bill!

if your going to get 31's then you'll have no majour concerns with it mate.

Some surfs ran 31x10.50r15 from stock!

Comment

larger size and bigger circumferance = less grunt more fuel
                      Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

A larger diameter is harder to turn. It's effectively changer your gearing. However, there are a few guys on here that run 33s on a 2.4
                        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Im upgradin to 33's at earliest op, cos ive the susp lift and body lift, 33 12.5 15, smiffy has just squeezed them onto rims that carried 31's. Thats my plan till can afford to change rims too

same here mate! cant wait

£575 for 5 33x12.50r15 BFG's - £605 for 5 35x12.50r15!!

Crazy prices!

considering its like £650 for 305/70/16 (33x12.50r16)

I think i might get new rims an sell my current alloys!

Comment

same here mate! cant wait

£575 for 5 33x12.50r15 BFG's - £605 for 5 35x12.50r15!!

Crazy prices!

considering its like £650 for 305/70/16 (33x12.50r16)

I think i might get new rims an sell my current alloys!
                            nice set of rims and tyres here

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/toyota-hilux-s...QQcmdZViewItem
                            Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Yeah, i saw your post about them! they are nice... an probably go for a nice price too.

Problem is i want 5 matching rims (its just the way i am )

an they dont have much of an offset... i want my wheels to stick out a tiiiny bit!

Comment

Working...
                              X