which one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which one?

Im just about to order a cd/tuner but am not sure about one thing. Flash drive versus memory stick. Whats the differance and which one is best?
    Cheers.

I would go for the memory stick mate, Its probably a USB an so will 100% work with your pc etc etc!

Comment

Whats the differance?

Comment

Originally posted by mick p
        Whats the differance?
        Honestly - Not sure!!

But having a flash drive etc will probably mean you need to get your pc set up to copy things onto a flash card an stuff...

your PC will have a USB socket, so a cheapo memory stick from maplins etc an you can copy right away..

To me, it just sounds like a cheaper option!

hope that helps.

Comment

ttp://www.usb-flashdrive.co.uk/
          Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Cheers Rod but I'm even more confused. I texted my computor whizz but short on words son and he said go for the usb flash drive, but didn't say why.
            I went with your suggestion on the speakers but thought I would go one up on the unit to include flash drive/memory stick.

Comment

btw leave the letters on.

Comment

Cheers Rod but I'm even more confused. I texted my computor whizz but short on words son and he said go for the usb flash drive, but didn't say why.
                I went with your suggestion on the speakers but thought I would go one up on the unit to include flash drive/memory stick.

It does get confusing dont it mate!!

If the speakers sound cr*p dont blame me!! It's cuz you changed your mind on the headunit...

Go for the flash drive mate, i aint really got a clue .. but if your son is a whizz kid chances are hes right!!

an re: the letters.. i think i will
                Last edited by RodLeach; 1 December 2007, 17:27.

Comment

Thanks Mate,Al you had to do was tell me about the flash drive then you went and spoilt it by putting doudt in my mind over the speakers!

Comment

is it a sony headunit? if so a memory stick is their version of portable memory, and very expensive. i'd go for usb or sd card. much cheaper and easier.

martin
                    Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

Thanks Mate,Al you had to do was tell me about the flash drive then you went and spoilt it by putting doudt in my mind over the speakers!

They should be pretty good mate! All in all, should have a pretty nice set up!!

if you were a bit more local i'd give you a hand fitting / breaking it all

Comment

Originally posted by B16mts
                        is it a sony headunit? if so a memory stick is their version of portable memory, and very expensive. i'd go for usb or sd card. much cheaper and easier.

martin
                        wot make is it mate?

Comment

Its a kenwood.

Comment

u wont go wrong then,usb---plug straight into computer put mp3's on
                            flash--bit like a zip drive,compact files so u can get more on BUT will take longer to find songs on head unit and u will have to faff around puttin them on there,if u r gonna go that route go usb.
                            tbh if its a good kenwood it will have audio in ports,then go buy a lead (bout a fiver) and plug mp3 player into it

Comment

Hey Breakdowntruck,thats a lovely blue star you got there!!!! I got the info from rod on the unit and you can get it with a lead that reaches nicely into the glove comp.

Comment

Working...
                              X