• Pimped My Tank!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FV432-MK2-APC-...QQcmdZViewItem
    www.daemon4x4.org

That rocks
    More Lift.
    More Tyres.
    More Engine.

Comment

Check out the birds in the back,mmmmmmm especially the one with the hat on

Actually he looks like a young les dawson
      Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by The Lang-Shankit Scunner
        Check out the birds in the back,mmmmmmm especially the one with the hat on

Actually he looks like a young les dawson
        hate to say it m8 the one with hat on is a bloke dude n he looks more like a young benny off crossroads

Comment

Looks far too comfortable in there and the tracks need adjusting - if that goes off road it's likely to throw one within a few yards !

The Mk 1 was faster and easier to work on although the two 90 gallon petrol tanks made life a bit hazardous sometimes ......

PS
          It's NOT a firking tank !

Life is too important to take seriously !

Comment

at 1 mile per galon round town and 4 miles per gallon on a run you'd need to be keen ! and i thought my surf was a guzzler
            richard.......
            ........loving my surf !
            " loving my surf "

Comment

Originally posted by Predictable Bob

Looks far too comfortable in there and the tracks need adjusting - if that goes off road it's likely to throw one within a few yards !

The Mk 1 was faster and easier to work on although the two 90 gallon petrol tanks made life a bit hazardous sometimes ......

PS
              It's NOT a firking tank !

if thats not a tank then what is?

ive been trying to find some info on the engine. if you type in the k60 on a search site, it shows you other tanks with the k60.. and those also have jet engines as well, and yes they sound like an aeroplane!
              and the bigger versions of them have propper engines... detroit diesels! = 2 stroke supercharger & turbo'ed power houses

edit:
              sorry i assumed the rolls engine would be 4 stroke but it isnt.. and it sounds like a propper decent engine!

Engine: Rolls Royce K60 No 4 Mk 4F, 2 stroke, 6 cylinder,
              twin crankshaft, multi-fuel. 240bhp @ 3750rpm
              Last edited by dieselboy; 30 November 2007, 11:22.
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Its an Armoured Personnel Carrier ! not a Tank ! an armoured combat vehicle to deliver troops to battle and stuff Tanks well there different (still Gas Guzzlers )
                Death rides a Black Horse

Comment

Ah, but by your description they are the same then...

APC or Tank...
                  Both Delivery platforms... different payload...

Comment

Having shot at a few in a previous profession (well let others blow em up all I did was call the air strike ) We did acknowledge the generic term of tank (steel vessel tracked or wheeled) but to the purists a Tank had a great whack off Gun on a turret and caused mayhem on the roads in germany

Comment

The Mk1 also had a Rolls engine - a B81 petrol if I remember correctly

Comment

The Mk1 also had a Rolls engine - a B81 petrol if I remember correctly

cool. what layout was that?

im still trying to picture 2 crankshafts..
                        does the rolls k60 have no heads? meaning the pistons are opposed in the same bore?
                        or are they in a upside down V angle, or next to each other like this.. ||
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

From (iffy) memory, the B81 was a 6.5l straight 8 and I think the K60 was a straight 6 but I can't remember the capacity

Originally posted by dieselboy
                          cool. what layout was that?

im still trying to picture 2 crankshafts..
                          does the rolls k60 have no heads? meaning the pistons are opposed in the same bore?
                          or are they in a upside down V angle, or next to each other like this.. ||

Comment

Big Noisy Sometimes very smelly ! but the crews could always make fantastic tea at brew up !

Comment

From (iffy) memory, the B81 was a 6.5l straight 8 and I think the K60 was a straight 6 but I can't remember the capacity

hmm.. the k60 cant be a straight 6 with two crankshafts can it?
                              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opposed_piston_engine
                              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                              X