Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noooooo.....

Tonsils out tomorrow morning , not looking forward to it at all

It fookin hurts afterwards, i had mine done a couple of years ago, and had a week or so of absolute agony afterwards, although mine bled more than normal during the surgery apparently, and then opened up again first time i drunk anything after i came out of the theatre. Well worth it though, i used to have almost constant sore throats, and get tonsillitis evry six weeks and glandula fever a couple of times a year too. I think i've had a sore throat once maybe twice since i had them done in march 2006
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

Had mine out when I was six, loads of free ice-cream afterwards.

Comment

Had really bad tonsilitis every year from age 3 to 19, then it just stopped! Never had it for over 30 years (no doubt I'm tempting fate now and I'll get it at the weekend!)

'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

dont know what more worrying... the op itself or the thought of catching some other super bug ...... kettering hospital has the highest C.diff cases in the country

as for ice cream... not any more, corn flakes and toast have to be eaten before they will let you out

Comment

Originally posted by paul_mac
            dont know what more worrying... the op itself or the thought of catching some other super bug ...... kettering hospital has the highest C.diff cases in the country

as for ice cream... not any more, corn flakes and toast have to be eaten before they will let you out
            lol
            does that come served with sand paper? or are shards of glass enough?

i can rember having mine out when i was about 3 or 4. i can remember not knowing why my mum and dad left me in a hospital with a load of other annoying kids. and i can remember coming out of the knock out stuff, but only half coming out.. just enough for the pain, but not enough to get my eyes open!
            glad i had it done though... but you can still get tonsilitis even after you have had them out.. the illness is just called something different.. cos ive had it.. said doc!
            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
              Had mine out when I was six, loads of free ice-cream afterwards.
              Same here, only no ice cream then, all i remember is a plate of porrage that formed the shape of the dish, oatmeal frizby, all the othere kids were tucking into "real dinners"
              hope it all goes well paul mac
              Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Tonsils out tomorrow morning , not looking forward to it at all
                plenty of really burnt dry toast afterwards
                Bunkle
                Fox Hunting is Dangerous

Comment

I should'nt worry about Kettering general. 5 years ago they saved my sons life when he developed meningitis, the nasty one. 2 years later they saved the life of my wife when she developed breast cancer. The chemo unit is brand new and second to none.
                  Steve.
                  monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

well, thats that over and done with, no where near as sore as i imagined.....they gave me morphine, didn't agree with me at all ,was out for about 6 hrs with it

Comment

well, thats that over and done with, no where near as sore as i imagined.....they gave me morphine, didn't agree with me at all ,was out for about 6 hrs with it
                      How are you doing mate. Crabbies Green Ginger is just the job for sore throat. Hope yer back to normal soon.

Cheers JB
                      www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

Working...
                      X