Where to go?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to go?

Hi, I was thinking about taking to the wide open roads this weekend. I can't decide where to go. I thought about the Lake District. Any nice, relaxing places to stay in that area? I like hotels with a spa and a good bar with plenty of whisky, maybe some live music and good food and did I mention a bar?

Suggestions welcome.

Jacqueline

Originally posted by jax
    Hi, I was thinking about taking to the wide open roads this weekend. I can't decide where to go. I thought about the Lake District. Any nice, relaxing places to stay in that area? I like hotels with a spa and a good bar with plenty of whisky, maybe some live music and good food and did I mention a bar?

Suggestions welcome.

Jacqueline
    Why not come up blair way, go up to braemar, further up to tomintoul, than you can stay in aviemore hilton (if youve got some clubcard points to use)
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by The Lang-Shankit Scunner
      Why not come up blair way, go up to braemar, further up to tomintoul, than you can stay in aviemore hilton (if youve got some clubcard points to use)
      mmmmmm, possibilities

Jacqueline

Comment

I just booked a few days in Torremolinos; £286 for 2 of us, half board. Will miss the surf mind

Did think about a weekend up in Carrbridge, but it was more expensive. HTF is that?
        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Originally posted by jax
          mmmmmm, possibilities

Jacqueline
          NO!!!! then
          Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Malvern!

We have the best pub in the UK on our doorstep (officially too. The Nags Head - Best Pub in Britain 2007)

OK, its a bit of a trek from Scotland, but its a change eh?
            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

OK, its a bit of a trek from Scotland, but its a change eh? [/quote]

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                Malvern!

We have the best pub in the UK on our doorstep (officially too. The Nags Head - Best Pub in Britain 2007)
                How do they know? They can't possibly have visited every pub in the UK! If they need someone to have a go at it though, I'm yer man...

Comment

Originally posted by The Lang-Shankit Scunner
                  NO!!!! then
                  still thinking about it............er, really, I am.

Jacqueline

Comment

Originally posted by andy62
                    How do they know? They can't possibly have visited every pub in the UK! If they need someone to have a go at it though, I'm yer man...
                    Its a CAMRA thing. Presumably each local group votes for their best local pub then districts visit each others best pubs and so on...

Official, Nags Head, Britains best pub. 10 minutes walk from my house

Comment

Its a CAMRA thing. Presumably each local group votes for their best local pub then districts visit each others best pubs and so on...

Ah, the woolie jumper an warm beer brigade...

Obviously forgot to visit the whole of Wind Street in Swansea then

Comment

Originally posted by andy62
                        Ah, the woolie jumper an warm beer brigade...

Obviously forgot to visit the whole of Wind Street in Swansea then

You a 'lady-lager' girl then?

Should be barred from pubs, the lot of you! Stick to hanging around Halfords / McDonalds carpark until you learn what 'taste' means

Comment

You a 'lady-lager' girl then?

Should be barred from pubs, the lot of you! Stick to hanging around Halfords / McDonalds carpark until you learn what 'taste' means
                          You leave me an my lady beer alone.

An my taste buds are fine thank you; kept in tip top condition with ice cold lager type stuff that eventually makes me fall down. Not like thon thick, warm, treacly, taste bud clogging mince that calls it's self 'Real Ale'. Give me laboratory conditioned falling down juice anyday.

Comment

Well, had absolutely no luck booking anywhere. Tried Hilton Coylumbridge, Crieff Hydro, Peebles Hydro, Dunblane Hydro, Holiday Inns Edinburgh, Thainston/Aberdeen area, all have no rooms for Saturday night. I'm just destined to stay at home by the fire this weekend.

Jacqueline

Comment

and a thirty minute "stagger" home !!
                              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X