Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Apache
    Look folks...

The 'popular press' of which the BBC has now sadly become part, have ALWAYS since time began looked for minority groups to attack in response to any perceived problem.

We as 4x4 owners are a minority group. We are easy to blame, and in the eyes of the easily led, undereducated, it's easy to make a good case for us being responsible for wholesale destruction of the countryside, global warming, pedestrian deaths etc etc etc.

Until we are able to PROVE ourselves as sensible, caring human beings (not easy when you have the odd idiot ripping green lanes to shreds) then we will have to put up with this kind of cr@p.

Every opportunity you get, give way to other motorists, slow for horses, cyclists and walkers, help out other motorists, wave across pedestrians waiting to cross the road. In other words, be a saint on and off the road. Hopefully, eventually, ordinary people will see that we are in fact MUCH nicer people than Beemer / Merc drivers etc.
    ok but im still not bein nice to volvo's or cyclists who go thru red lights!

Comment

Bingo! Thats to point I always try and make on here, no one remembers a car parked across two spaces in the carpark, but a 4x4 doing the same gets noticed and complained about.

Sadly, the general public are band-wagon following sheep, and easily lead instead of thinking things out, one person screwing around tars everyone with the same brush.

.................Every opportunity you get, give way to other motorists, slow for horses, cyclists and walkers, help out other motorists, wave across pedestrians waiting to cross the road. In other words, be a saint on and off the road. Hopefully, eventually, ordinary people will see that we are in fact MUCH nicer people than Beemer / Merc drivers etc.
      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Sadly, the general public are band-wagon following sheep, and easily lead instead of thinking things out, one person screwing around tars everyone with the same brush.[/quote]

2nd that m8!!!!

Comment

If all 4x4 drivers just happened to be black jewish disabled gays you wouldn't get a blinking peep out of the Beeb!!!!!
          Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by KERRSURF
            If all 4x4 drivers just happened to be black jewish disabled gays you wouldn't get a blinking peep out of the Beeb!!!!!
            Heh. Got a great one today. Guy broken down at Marsh Mills roundabout at rush hour. Not one bugger stopped to help, everyone just cramming into each other.
            Stopped and helped the guy to the side of the road (had parked mine to stop traffic so I didn't get run over).
            30 seconds work cleared the jam, and by the time I got from one side of the road to the other I got called a "planet-killing prick". From a guy in a BMW 3 series, as would be expected.

God, sometimes I wish I never left my little Scottish village.

Comment

God, sometimes I wish I never left my little Scottish village

It's not too late to sneak back.
              Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Originally posted by cataclysm
                Which village?
                Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

Look folks...

Every opportunity you get, give way to other motorists, slow for horses, cyclists and walkers, help out other motorists, wave across pedestrians waiting to cross the road. In other words, be a saint on and off the road. Hopefully, eventually, ordinary people will see that we are in fact MUCH nicer people than Beemer / Merc drivers etc.
                  Ive driven just like that for a long time, but I find that for every one person that you make happy, you just $$$$ off 3 more. e.g You stop to let that car coming out on your left join the traffic and the crowd behind you get hacked off. You can not win.
                  Mind you annoying the selfish fcukers following you is quite satisfying and I drive the same selfless way when Im in my MERC as well

Bogus
                  Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by cataclysm
                    Heh. Got a great one today. Guy broken down at Marsh Mills roundabout at rush hour. Not one bugger stopped to help, everyone just cramming into each other.
                    Stopped and helped the guy to the side of the road (had parked mine to stop traffic so I didn't get run over).
                    30 seconds work cleared the jam, and by the time I got from one side of the road to the other I got called a "planet-killing prick". From a guy in a BMW 3 series, as would be expected.

i had that happen other day at chivvy roundabout car broke down copper was there so i pulled in front n asked the bloke n copper if they needed car pulled out the way to free the lanes up both copper n bloke said yes please so i told copper i only had a tow rope he said ok no prob if you canhelp pull n free road id be grateful n some pr1ck did same $$$$$$ 4x4's copper then said to bloke would you stop n help another broken down car or the police on your way before i pull you in lol so funny n guess what bloke i pulled was also anti 4x4 he told me after i pulled him to layby but said he changed his mind no one else had stopped n because of that he has changed his mind to which he shook my hand n so did the wole family n the copper n i went on my way with a smile on my face. it dont take much to help does it.

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm
                      i had that happen other day at chivvy roundabout car broke down copper was there so i pulled in front n asked the bloke n copper if they needed car pulled out the way to free the lanes up both copper n bloke said yes please so i told copper i only had a tow rope he said ok no prob if you canhelp pull n free road id be grateful n some pr1ck did same $$$$$$ 4x4's copper then said to bloke would you stop n help another broken down car or the police on your way before i pull you in lol so funny n guess what bloke i pulled was also anti 4x4 he told me after i pulled him to layby but said he changed his mind no one else had stopped n because of that he has changed his mind to which he shook my hand n so did the wole family n the copper n i went on my way with a smile on my face. it dont take much to help does it.
                      huh?????

Will, find the . and , and Return and Shift keys, they are your friends, this isn't texting, you have a whole big keyboard in front of you.......

Thats a hard read this time in the morning! But I think I agree with what you saying.

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                        huh?????

Will, find the . and , and Return and Shift keys, they are your friends, this isn't texting, you have a whole big keyboard in front of you.......

Thats a hard read this time in the morning! But I think I agree with what you saying.

im not good at writing/spelling thought you guys knew that im never sure where to put the , . sorry
                        Last edited by pirate-storm; 28 November 2007, 10:33.

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm
                          im not good at writing/spelling thought you guys knew that im never sure where to put the , . sorry
                          Well. Will. If, unsure; Just, put. Random: punctuation - everywhere!
                          Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Well. Will. If, unsure; Just, put. Random: punctuation - everywhere!
                            cheers, m8.

Comment

as^ in, did#you :get;the paypal??http andy
                              Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by andy62
                                Which village?
                                Straiton, a little village about 15 miles south of Ayr.

Comment

Working...
                                X