Bala off road first trip planned

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bala off road first trip planned

After much head scratching me and my mates have decided that its gonna be Bala as the cherry popper for me. We are planning the drive down there this weekend.

Any last minute advice or thoughts on kit to take for a weekend at it.

So far the list involves...

Sleeping bag,
    Tools
    Beer.
    Tequilla - breakfast of heros.

Originally posted by Muddy Boots
    After much head scratching me and my mates have decided that its gonna be Bala as the cherry popper for me. We are planning the drive down there this weekend.

Any last minute advice or thoughts on kit to take for a weekend at it.

So far the list involves...

Sleeping bag,
    Tools
    Beer.
    bar-b-q
    a fire bin if possible

Comment

BBQ sounds like a great idea. Sadly one of the guys is a veggie and as I dont know a good recipe for BBQ cabbage might have to leave this for another time.

Are there any pubs close to the site to get food in the evening from?

Comment

BBQ sounds like a great idea. Sadly one of the guys is a veggie and as I dont know a good recipe for BBQ cabbage might have to leave this for another time.

Are there any pubs close to the site to get food in the evening from?
        get him some veggie burgers m8 lol n dont know bout pubs there not been there m8

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm
          get him some veggie burgers m8 lol n dont know bout pubs there not been there m8
          I'll put it to him.

Can't bring myself to cook them.

Comment

I'll put it to him.

Can't bring myself to cook them.
            n dont forget a old drum to make a fire in unless you can dig a hole for fire then put soil back over after im sure some of the guys that have been there will tell you about the place have a good time m8

Comment

Cheers fella,

I'm really looking forward to it. Bit nervous about breaking my truck first time out but I guess you gotta try it at some point.

Comment

Cheers fella,

I'm really looking forward to it. Bit nervous about breaking my truck first time out but I guess you gotta try it at some point.

my advice m8 as im new to off-roading also is take your time look at where your going n it no shame if you refuse to do a certain part its better to leave what your not sure of than to break truck its better to be safe than sorry. i was same when i went green-laning at first my 7 year old daughter was loving it cmon dad dont be scared its fun lol then when we did our first offroad at rtts went around once then left out i think was 2 places out for rest of day but still had fun. take ya time im sure some of the hard core boys on here would say the same m8 have fun

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm
                  n dont forget a old drum to make a fire in unless you can dig a hole for fire then put soil back over after im sure some of the guys that have been there will tell you about the place have a good time m8
                  Careful digging fire pits. Unless the ground is damp, you can set fire to roots, which smoulder along and start fires. </smokey-the-bear>

Comment

Originally posted by cataclysm
                    Careful digging fire pits. Unless the ground is damp, you can set fire to roots, which smoulder along and start fires. </smokey-the-bear>
                    yes there is that m8 but should be ok this time of year

Comment

Just checked the weather for the weekend and it looks as though its gonna rain so doubt we will be doing the fire pit or BBQ.

Sounds as though my buddy has got the CB sorted for me and just working through a list of things i think might be worth taking.

Comment

Loads of pubs in Bala mate. We've done 2 trips based near to Bala for some of the trip this year. There is an AWESOME trail leading up out of Bryncrug (look it up) over towards the Dovey Valley. One of the best routes I've ever done! Very rocky / steep / tight in places. Everyone I know who's done it has loved it.

I think I have memory map files for it if you want to do it. PM or email me and I'll send them along.
                        Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Take some wellies and waterproofs, and a change of clothes, also spare fuel, water,atf fluid, diff oil and coolant.
                          Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
                            Take some wellies and waterproofs, and a change of clothes, also spare fuel, water,atf fluid, diff oil and coolant.
                            Good call.

I checked all my fluids about 2 weeks ago and was hoping on a quick check on friday.

I will probably chuck a jerry can in all the other fluids as well.

The hope is that one of the guys that is going is kipping in a tent so we were gonna off load all that stuff before we went driving in it.

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
                              Yeah, and waterproofs for your waterproofs! It gets unbelievably wet up there!
                              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Working...
                              X