Air Conditioning Gas/Fluid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air Conditioning Gas/Fluid

I have no experience with air con, hence this question.

I've got lots of fluid leaks on my surf and I'm slowly getting them fixed. I have a couple in the engine area that are baffling me. I can't see where they are coming from, but when they get to the dripping of the axle stage, they are black like oil but very thin, even thinner than water and pretty much odour free. Could it be air con fluid that's washing muck down the block? Or is the ait con stuff a gas?

My air con doesn't work BTW.
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

if it dont smell it could be brake fluid (i may be wrong)
    iam all most sure that the stuff air con runs on a liquid gas
    not that clued up with air con but i did go to see about getting mine fixed the guy siad something about refilling it with gas
    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Doesn't seem to be brake fluid either, there's some coming down on the passenger side where there is no brake fluid.

Comment

steering pump leak maybe. start small and get bigger over time.

If you need to top up use some Wynns stopleak and see if it disappears.
        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

how long have you had the surf for m8? i had a oil leak that did that sort of thing from when i bought my truck back in march time this year. tonyn found some bolts missing from engine which oil got to leak from so if your not sure they might have had the head done n left some bolts out not saying it is that but might be you could ask tonyn about your leak n if its same as mine was

Comment

Aircon Fluid ?

The fluid you talk about could be air con condensate.

The aircon produces condensate when in operation.

The condenstate on factory fitted aircon's is expelled on the passenger side of the hilux through a hose which exits through the fire wall just behind the glove box.

The hose then often dumps the fluid just behind the passenger wheel well or onto the diff or in the case of my hilux ute onto the leaf springs.

The fluid often appears dirty simply because it has been in contact with the grime off the car etc

On days with high humidity or after long use the amount of fluid can be large eg upto a cup and if your not aware of it, it can appear like somethings going guts up
            Harden the Fuk Up Princess

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm
              how long have you had the surf for m8? i had a oil leak that did that sort of thing from when i bought my truck back in march time this year. tonyn found some bolts missing from engine which oil got to leak from so if your not sure they might have had the head done n left some bolts out not saying it is that but might be you could ask tonyn about your leak n if its same as mine was
              I've only had id for 7 weeks, leaked like a leaky thing since I got it. It had the head done about a year ago, they made an ar5e of quite a lot so there may be some bolts missing. I'll gunk it and power wash it later, see if I can see where the leaks start.

Comment

Originally posted by hilux2.8
                The fluid you talk about could be air con condensate.

The aircon produces condensate when in operation.
                The air con doesn't work, not worked since I bought it.

Comment

need to read and absorb the words

Late night, few beers = lack of intelligence.
                  Sorry Mate
                  Harden the Fuk Up Princess

Comment

Working...
                  X