Cheers for all the advice guys.
    Will take pics of bracket etc and post them tomorrow
    My other cars a QUAD
    (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
    http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Originally posted by sledge
      so your saying my cb's $$$$ then will as i got mine from there
      yeah m8 nah maplins wouldnt know a cb if it was shoved up their beep ive known people have stuff off maplins in way of cb's n never got a good service with them but i have had a good service with thunderpole ohhhhhh that looks wrong dont it oh well

Comment

Me and Yoshie had CB's when we were kids, loved em!

Now I have a truck I have an excuse to get another one
        Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Thought about hand held

Dont Know much about what frequency's / Bands you guys work on in the uk. My hilux is fitted with a Uhf radio. While the radio has good range and is ideal for when I travel far from civilisation on camping trips it doesnt offer any difference over hand held radio's around town or close to other 4wds on dirt tracks.
          Most handhelds have good range, repeater options, hands free options, 12v cigarette power adaptors available, half the price and dont need to be wired/drilled to fit.
          If I lived in the uk i would go for the handheld option.
          If you are going to install one this is how I installed mine.
          Cheers Matt
          Last edited by hilux2.8; 8 February 2008, 10:16.
          Harden the Fuk Up Princess

Comment

why do you have a toy train on yer dash mate?
            Alan

Comment

The red train

I actually put it there so I wouldn't forget to take it out when I got home & I forgot.
              My young nephew and neice are into geocaching using a GPS and the internet. You find odds and sods people have hid then rehide them or put other stuff in there place.
              A lot of the cr@p the kids find can only be found using a 4wd.
              It keeps them interested when your going on a 4wd trip as most kids get bored after 1/2 hour of a day's 4 wheel driving.
              Matt
              Harden the Fuk Up Princess

Comment

Originally posted by charvell
                www.thunderpole.co.uk they do some good deals, dont drill holes get a mag mount and put it on the roof or mirror mount on the rear wheel carrier.

what charvell said.
                you can get ones small enough to fit the gap by your stereo. and joker on here has a nice magnetic aerial mount that is really secure. told me he went in a car park a little taller than his truck that bent the aerial right down, and still didnt come loose and poinged back up once he left.

soon as i have some money i will get one, i will probably never ever use it unless im off road (which aint that much tbh) or if i want to chat to lorry drivers...
                or unless i decide to do another smokey and the bandit
                Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy

or unless i decide to do another smokey and the bandit
                  So what was the first smokey and the bandit you did then mate?

My only experience of CB was back many years ago when they first became popular and people were saying stuff like "breaker 19 for a copy" and "whats your handle"

Surely its not still like that now.
                  Tequilla - breakfast of heros.

Comment

thats a roger good buddy, whats yer 14 for an eyeball?
                    Alan

Comment

Your jesting me right.

Comment

i got one with uk/eu on it fits nicely in with the stereo £50 new
                        personaly I would not go offroad without one as some places like langdale there is only one car at a time allowed on a section so you know when its clear plus if you or sombody your with gets into trouble you can soon recieve help
                        plus i am a member of this

http://www.4x4responsenortheast.co.u...&action=recent

which shows the good side of 4x4 drivers and owners and we have all got them in

Comment

I know it's slightly different but I have a VHF all singing and dancing on my boat plus a hand held VHF, to be honest having done the off roading thing a few times now I'd always plump for the hand held you can leave your truck and walk around with it , it's more versatile when your away from the vehicle such as talking to folk on a run when your at base camp etc. I will be going for the hand held. Only draw back is if it falls in a muddy puddle but then you just buy a plastic VHF waterproof pouch and you can still talk on it when it's sealed in the bag. oh and no cutting and drilling required and as for anti theft device you take it out the truck at night so ned can't smash window and nick said equipment.,

Cheers JB
                          www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Boots
                            So what was the first smokey and the bandit you did then mate?
                            london to yorkshire, no stops.. mainly me singing... bit gay really. you had to be there. i held back on the U turns on the dual carriage ways though...
                            and the only communication with truckers is when i had to go from 1st lane to 3rd lane to overtake some idiot sitting in the middle, then go from 3rd back into 1st lane back in front of the lorry and he flashed his lights.. the nob
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
                              london to yorkshire, no stops.. mainly me singing... bit gay really. you had to be there. i held back on the U turns on the dual carriage ways though...
                              and the only communication with truckers is when i had to go from 1st lane to 3rd lane to overtake some idiot sitting in the middle, then go from 3rd back into 1st lane back in front of the lorry and he flashed his lights.. the nob
                              Right so note to self if I ever go past some dude on the motorway singing into his CB there is a fighting chance its you.

Right will keep that one in mind then mate.

Comment

Working...
                              X