How hard an it be...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How hard an it be...

Ok so I have been trying to find out about E roads, Green Lanes and BOATs in my area (Warwickshire). So far I think i have done everything I can think of to no avail. I am joining GLASS membership pending and also I have spoken to Warwick Council with a view to find some of these lanes. I have been told how many there are and also given information to find out whether they are open or not but its the where they are thats the problem.

I mean Warwichshire is a big county and although i havent got the explorer series maps as of yet there has got to be a way of finding these out.

If you can be of any help please PM me grid references or advice on where to start looking please.

Cheers

Sorry if this seems like a rant but I'm just finding it frustrating at the moment.
    Tequilla - breakfast of heros.

Originally posted by Muddy Boots
    ........i havent got the explorer series maps ............
    This is your problem!

Get a map, then go and explore. Its easy, (but stay off Restricted Byways, OS maps that arn't brand new don't show the difference.)

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

I'm doing a detour to WHSmiths tonight to get a couple. I just wondered how clear they are to find on them.

I have a set of Pathfinders but apparently they dont show enough detail.

Oh and I dont have PM on this forum.

Not sure why that is.

Comment

the up to date os maps will show you clearly where you can and cant go.
        you have to pay the 10 quid over to get the pm facility(well worth it)

may be a good idea (once you are sorted for routes) to get someone else near you to go along ,as offroading by yourself can lead to "diificulties"
        if you get stuck and so on
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

you could also ask the council about legal byways etc but think you have to pay for that info

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200
            may be a good idea (once you are sorted for routes) to get someone else near you to go along ,as offroading by yourself can lead to "diificulties"
            if you get stuck and so on
            I was about to say no worries on that front as i am going with two other 4x4s but as they are Range Rovers i didnt want to upset anyone on here.

Comment

Oh and I dont have PM on this forum.

Not sure why that is.
              That will be because you have no blue star

To get a blue star you need to pay the management your subscription
              My other cars a QUAD
              (sv1000spilot on surf forums)
              http://www.devonandcornwall4x4response.co.uk/index

Comment

Originally posted by sv1000spilot
                That will be because you have no blue star

To get a blue star you need to pay the management your subscription

Will get this sorted ASAP. I'm $$$$ I keep to do this.

Comment

Right just payed for my subscription. Well the wifey did. Not sure if my address and details got added. i guess i'll find out if anything comes through the post.

Comment

Right just payed for my subscription. Well the wifey did. Not sure if my address and details got added. i guess i'll find out if anything comes through the post.
                    send a email to koi with the payment details in it just to be on the safe side and add your details and address.
                    if i make a payment via paypal i always cut and paste the paypal email and send that to koi
                    https://www.facebook.com/groups/henpals/

Comment

Working...
                    X