Are Fuel gauges sentient? Discuss...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Fuel gauges sentient? Discuss...

When I bought my surf 6 weeks ago, it had 1 gallon of diesel in it and was well into the red bit. A couple of weeks ago, I ran out of fuel with the gauge showing a fair bit under quarter full. Today I ran out of fuel with the gauge showing over a quarter full. This time in a more awkward place, on the same stretch of motorway, than the last time!

My conclusion is therefore that my fuel gauge is indeed sentient and is out to get me...
    Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Originally posted by andy62
    When I bought my surf 6 weeks ago, it had 1 gallon of diesel in it and was well into the red bit. A couple of weeks ago, I ran out of fuel with the gauge showing a fair bit under quarter full. Today I ran out of fuel with the gauge showing over a quarter full. This time in a more awkward place, on the same stretch of motorway, than the last time!

My conclusion is therefore that my fuel gauge is indeed sentient and is out to get me...
    I would say so as mine is always consistant
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Don't use that stretch of motorway!

Comment

Put fuel in on a more regular basis.
        Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHWHACKER
          Don't use that stretch of motorway!
          Suppose it could be the Larbert Pixies?

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
            Put fuel in on a more regular basis.
            FFS, I can't afford 'More Regularly'

Comment

Suppose it could be the Larbert Pixies?
              Cancel that, there's no Pixies in Airth (where I first ran out) the Goblins scared them off...

Comment

Mines got a sense of humour. It reads whatever it wants, and that can be anything from bone dry to full to the brim, it will even alter settings whilst you drive (unnerving watching your fuel gauge go up while bombing down the motorway). Until I hit 200kms trip, and after that it's bang on accurate until the light (at which point I panick and head for a fuel station with supermarket, or should that be supermarket with fuel station).
                Gone from 4x4 to 1x2

Comment

mine has always been consistantly accurately, sorry :/

Anything from 280-285 miles then the light pops on, if i fill her almost straight away will get 50 odd litres max in. Going by the book capacity of the tank that still leaves a fair reserve...

Have taken it to 305 on a few occasions, not often tho as the stains tend to dpoil the upholstery.

Comment

Working...
                  X