No announcement yet.

Sh!t Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm well impressed Mitsy - I couldn't do it to any of mine - unless they were injured ofcourse, then I wouldn't have a problem with it. Its the main reason why I won't hatch any chicks - Tony won't let me have any more cockerels and I couldn't kill them!

How come Geoff didn't do it anyway? thought the chooks were his hobby??

do you get the Smallholder mag? there was a good article in their on the subject a couple of months back, with a step by step guide.
    Linda

www.4x4toys.co.uk

Comment

Don't feel bad Mitsy after a while you get used to it. They have to be culled other wise the cockrels will just fight to the death and that is not nice. So unless you can find a home for them which isn't going to happen you have done the right thing. I have a saying on my holding "when they start to crow they gotta go" thats when the fighting starts.
      Steve.
      monstercreations.org.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Linda
        I'm well impressed Mitsy - I couldn't do it to any of mine - unless they were injured ofcourse, then I wouldn't have a problem with it. Its the main reason why I won't hatch any chicks - Tony won't let me have any more cockerels and I couldn't kill them!

How come Geoff didn't do it anyway? thought the chooks were his hobby??

do you get the Smallholder mag? there was a good article in their on the subject a couple of months back, with a step by step guide.
        Hi lynda had to do them mate as thay were all cockerals and as you no yourself they are surplus and off no use just noisey. I had to do them as geoff treats them the same as you treat yours like pets but for me they are not my pets so its easy for me to get rid off them. If it was up to geoff he would keep all the cockerals . Yes we do get small holder mag its very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Phantom 18
          Don't feel bad Mitsy after a while you get used to it. They have to be culled other wise the cockrels will just fight to the death and that is not nice. So unless you can find a home for them which isn't going to happen you have done the right thing. I have a saying on my holding "when they start to crow they gotta go" thats when the fighting starts.
          Steve.
          I have seen this happen when we went out one day and our 2 cockerals got out off thier pens and started fighting, when we got back it was a right mess. Luckely they both survived . So i now you right just $$$$ having to do it.

Comment

I've killed rabbits for the pot and fish too and it makes it sit a bit easier with me knowing that the animal is not being wasted.

needless killing of animals on the other hand is just not on.

I don't envy your task but if it needs done then the choice is really out of your hands.

If you didn't feel any remorse about it at all then you really shouldn't be looking after any animals. With no compassion for the animals it's too easy for us humans to begin neglecting and even abusing them.
            Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

Working...
            X