Is this a record?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a record?

Old stereo out (with the Feeder CD left in it - doh!), new stereo in, including wiring in the iPod connection to the glovebox, and fixing the 12V in dash - all done including tools away in under 30 mins!

And a note to the guy that sold me the truck and was raving about the stereo - dude - it was rubbish!

Just played a tune from my iPod through the new stereo and the Boston Accoustics speakers and nearly ended up in the boot!!!!!!

Bet the neighbours are pleased though....
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

but did u fix the 4wd????

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2
      but did u fix the 4wd????

Ummmmm - no.....

I honestly wouldn't know where to start.....

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
        Ummmmm - no.....

I honestly wouldn't know where to start.....
        What is the problem Mr Mud?
        I Love Wales

Comment

The best place to start is with a good sound system

Nice work Andy
          Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by 24Seven
            What is the problem Mr Mud?
            Well - when I press the 4WD button, the light doesn't come on - and I can hear the relay clicking on and off - and the 4WD works for a short while, then lots of clicking, and it's off again....

May be a loose vacuum hose, but I have no idea where to look/start....

Comment

Well - when I press the 4WD button, the light doesn't come on - and I can hear the relay clicking on and off - and the 4WD works for a short while, then lots of clicking, and it's off again....

There is a multiplug on the underside of the front diff, which can get mud and c r a p in it, try pulling it off and cleaning it, and stick a wad (technical term) of silicone grease ( not sealant) in it and put back together.

1/2 hr job, might cure it.
              Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

I had a simular fault to that, the box inside the car just behind the gear knob area was clicking like mad but no 4 wheel drive, I spent ages looking at all the connections on the various parts of the four wheel system and it all of a sudden started working again, I never fould the fault but I did get it to happan again after very wet offroading, it seemed to happen a day or so after and then fixed itself after a few days. I put it down to getting water into an elect connetion somewhere.

I have another fault atm, where the 4WD will not come off, I can make it come off by blowing down one of the vacum pipes, so I know it's either a bad valve or a bad elec connection to the valve, easy fix but I have not got around to it yet
                I Love Wales

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
                  There is a multiplug on the underside of the front diff, which can get mud and c r a p in it, try pulling it off and cleaning it, and stick a wad (technical term) of silicone grease ( not sealant) in it and put back together.

1/2 hr job, might cure it.

That's the area I thought was getting wet, well worth looking at that plug for sure as Bob say's
                  I Love Wales

Comment

Cheers guys - I'll give the neighbours more to talk about tomorrow and climb underneath - I think I'll grease all the UJs at the same time too....

Comment

step on the brakes...! i like feeder

i need a decent sound system. dont want to do it myself though. what head unit / speakers / amp etc do you recommend?
                      i did want a dvd/usb/mp3/divx/mp4/ thingy but dont want to pay the high prices. but im not paying cheap if its going to be a rubbish piece of kit either.
                      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy

i need a decent sound system. dont want to do it myself though. what head unit / speakers / amp etc do you recommend?
                        i did want a dvd/usb/mp3/divx/mp4/ thingy but dont want to pay the high prices. but im not paying cheap if its going to be a rubbish piece of kit either.

I just fitted my new set up mate, took a few hours, total cost was £740 after adding it all up...sounds amazing!!!

glad i did it, its done now!!

If you wanted a hand bring it down here mate!!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy

I just got a Sony head unit that does CD/MP3 CD/USB/iPod and aux - does the job, sounds good and blows the gunk out of my ears!

Fitting is easy enough...

Comment

i have an ancient kenwood head unit cd player, with standard speakers. its ok, except sometimes its just not loud enough

its very convenient having an mp3 cd unit. i would like something usb though so i can bring the whole 20gb hard drive with some mp3s on.

i have an ancient jbl amp that was 2nd hand when i got it. i got it when i was 18, and i bought it off someone who had bought it when he was younger.
                            its a 2 channel amp that is well loud! dunno what wattage it is either

but i would like to fit up a propper 4 speaker set (fr, fl, rr, rl) then get the dvd/usb/divx head unit for when i decide to go on trips or anything

its all money looks like i need to save to take my head off anyway
                            Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                            X