• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is nothing on the Glass website
    http://www.glass-uk.org/
    www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

I've just emailed Chris Wood at GLASS and Paul Humphreys of CRAG to see if we can enlist their support - Maxwell's email address is on my work PC - so I'll dig that out over the weekend and drop him a line too....

Just found the email for his secretary, so email sent to him too - let's see what happens....
      Last edited by MudSurfer; 23 November 2007, 20:09.
      Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

christ on a bike !!!

i sincerely hope that the one time i drove sarn helen ,this year, is not the last.at the stroke of a pen a vocal minority view prevails,well count me in.
        i am proud to be a member of the (so far) quiet 4x4 fraternity,and perhaps a healthy attendance of surfs/landrovers,anything 4x4 clogging up the assembly may get some attention
        Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Yeth me too, i'll be ready for mud in a couple of weeks and i don't want all mud pools closing before i've had chance to play in em!!
          http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Antshiel
            Yeth me too, i'll be ready for mud in a couple of weeks and i don't want all mud pools closing before i've had chance to play in em!!
            sorry mr antshiel.

to bl00dy mad to lisp !!

the weekend boyo and co took us through wales,including sarn helen,(which i very nearly declined to do) was just the most superboffroading.
            i can not for the life of me understand why ?

it cant be on grounds of damage,cos the rock will get you before you get it,just gobsmacked !!
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200
              sorry mr antshiel.

to bl00dy mad to lisp !!

the weekend boyo and co took us through wales,including sarn helen,(which i very nearly declined to do) was just the most superboffroading.
              i can not for the life of me understand why ?

it cant be on grounds of damage,cos the rock will get you before you get it,just gobsmacked !!
              I know mate, i was trying hard to list but a knock to the head seems to have cured it. There's always some porridge munching tweed dwellers trying to put an end to everyone elses fun. From what i've read on Glass it's one of the best and most respected sites around the UK so maybe now is the time to make a stand and bag these fossils and fight it all the way!
              http://www.apspropertyfix.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200
                i am proud to be a member of the (so far) quiet 4x4 fraternity
                Were'nt so f'ing quiet when you won your TJM winch bumper, were you

I loved Sarn Helen this summer, where do I sign?
                Wax on, wax off

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy
                  Were'nt so f'ing quiet when you won your TJM winch bumper, were you

I loved Sarn Helen this summer, where do I sign?

oooohhhhhh someones tired !!!!!!
                  Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

This is terrible, terrible news.

On the two or three times I've driven the route I've noticed very little damage. Due to the substrate being rock for the most part, the likelihood of damage to the lane is pretty much zero for most of the route (same cannot be said for vehicles!)

I will contact Matt, my local GLASS rep and see what they are doing.

As others have said, the closure of one of the best, most robust lanes in Wales is likely to be the thin end of the wedge. What next?

Details as soon as you have them please Andy (Boyo).
                    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Finally some people getting upset, NOW perhaps everyone go out and join GLASS and LARA instead of just moaning behind a keyboard. Lets try and save the few Byways left open.
                      4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
                        Finally some people getting upset, NOW perhaps everyone go out and join GLASS and LARA instead of just moaning behind a keyboard. Lets try and save the few Byways left open.
                        Well said that man!

<edit> Pity you aren't as reactive when it comes to the postal service

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                          Well said that man!

<edit> Pity you aren't as reactive when it comes to the postal service
                          You'll eat those words, I posted the spacers and damper on Friday.

Comment

You'll eat those words, I posted the spacers and damper on Friday.

So how much do I owe you my good man?

Comment

I've been a member of GLASS and CRAG for 2 years - and have mailed both groups (see above) and a friend of mine in Westminster.....
                              Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
                                I've been a member of GLASS and CRAG for 2 years - and have mailed both groups (see above) and a friend of mine in Westminster.....
                                I know. I was getting a little annoyed at the amount of bitchin' but seemingly lack of taking action.

Glass has only 1,900ish members, its pathetic in the big scheme of things. This forum has 14,000!!! The bobble hats have 140,000 odd, its a wonder any byways are left open at all.

Depressed of Basingstoke...

Comment

Working...
                                X