Sarn Helen is shut!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sarn Helen is shut!

I have just had Bob from TBR on the phone with some seriously bad news.

Due to a reclassification, Sarn Helen - all three sections of it - has been closed to all motor traffic for good, and won't be reopening.

He is wating for an email which will contain official appeal documentation. He will be mailing it to me as soon as he gets it. When I get it we can all appeal en masse.

Good god, this is a road that has been open for 2000 years and is in excellent undamaged condition.

Bl00dy do gooders!

Bl00dy Assembly Government.
    Last edited by Koi; 25 November 2007, 20:04.
    Another member of the 'A' team

FFS,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,B'tard dogooding treehugging rambling B'stards.
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

This is a catastophe, one of the best, if not the best, and one of the few places left in the UK for people to offroad in peace, and they do this.

I bet the feckin ramblers assc. has sommat to do with it, feckin bleeding heart liberal b'stards. .

What about the farmers, or do they not use it any more?
      Rob

Comment

Damn their wooly hats!

What the hell prompted that? - I think it's time we played their game and went out to protest this - it's scandalous!

I am speechless!
        Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

There's enough usage evidence for sarn helen that a reclassification should never have gone through. The way it's going the end result will be to encourage illegal use with no chance of regulation, and byways and greenlanes being destroyed forever by people losing respect for them and deliberately abusing the lanes. The cupid stunts that are letting this happen and bowing to hype and bull$hit instead of taking an unbiased and researched stand aren't doing anyone any favours.

The greenies promoting all this are shooting themselves in the foot and kicking everyone else in the balls. It's a friggin joke......
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

Noooooooooooooooo
            I Love Wales

Comment

Lets hope the ramblers all get twisted ankles when walking along Sarn Helen, and no vehicles will be allowed to rescue them.

Comment

When I get more info I will post.

There's an army to mobilise over this.

We'll even have to get the Landies involved - there's more of them than us!

WAR - IS - DECLARED

Comment

I'll talk to my local GLASS rep and CRAG and see what the story is from their side too - I imagine GLASS are all over this already, and it's good to have a formal view too - let's take this as far up as we can.

I'll also talk to a friend of mine, Lord Beaverbrook - Westminster based motorsport dude and general cool bloke - and see if we can get some help from him too!

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer

I'll also talk to a friend of mine, Lord Beaverbrook - Westminster based motorsport dude and general cool bloke - and see if we can get some help from him too!

NAMEDROPPER.....

but a good name to have on board

Comment

I'll speak to David Coulthard, he doesn't know me but I saw him in a resteraunt in France once, so if you don't hear from me, I've been arrested for stalking/harrasment.

But seriously, a good name to know, well done Mud
                      Rob

Comment

I used to see Gareth Edwards nearly every day when I was working on the Millenium stadium, does that help?

Oh, and Neil Jenkins.
                        and Nigel Walker. (we laughed when he reversed his car into a skip!)

Comment

When all the facts are known 100% sure, maybe it would be worth a post on the mud club forum?
                          I Love Wales

Comment

Originally posted by 24Seven
                            When all the facts are known 100% sure, maybe it would be worth a post on the mud club forum?
                            Definately!

Comment

Maybe an email to Topgear?
                              Rob

Comment

Working...
                              X