Tesco Cheapo Veg oil.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tesco Cheapo Veg oil.

Is it just in my area or do Tesco never have any of their cheap veg oil on the shelf these days? I think the cheap brand is Pura, or some name like that. The only one I seem to be able to get hold of is the 78p/ltr version, which doesn`t make it a worthwhile alternative for me.
    God bless gaffer tape and mastic!

i use to get ktc oil from tesco £8:20 for 15l now its gone up to £10 something they want us to be green but make us pay for it also

Comment

I found some tesco's own for 58p/ltr but only in 1 litre bottles, the same stuff in 3 litre bottles was 78p/ltr.

The only reason I can see for this is to discourage us from buying in bulk................B'stards!
      Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

try looking for corn oil. i got some from tescos not long ago for 49p per litre. but its only select few of stores that have it i think cos i cant find it in my local to home one
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
          try looking for corn oil. i got some from tescos not long ago for 49p per litre. but its only select few of stores that have it i think cos i cant find it in my local to home one
          I gave up on Tescos Corn Oil after they banned me from one of their shops for buying too much. Can get 20l of KTC at a local C&C for £13, much less hassle.
          Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

i got 80 litres last time i was in makro for £46.

still got 60 litres in the garage.

I put the first 20 in the tank and topped up with diesel, today was the first day i got a single splutter from it on startup.
            Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

Originally posted by andy62
              I gave up on Tescos Corn Oil after they banned me from one of their shops for buying too much. Can get 20l of KTC at a local C&C for £13, much less hassle.
              how can they ban you? they are going to sell it anyway,.... why are they being such children about it, like your trying to take away their lollypop..
              hope you told them to grow up

last saturday i went asda and got the usual KTC. 54p per litre. for 15 litres = £8.20 best i can do as all the cheap places have sold out
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

how can they ban you? they are going to sell it anyway,.... why are they being such children about it, like your trying to take away their lollypop..
                hope you told them to grow up

last saturday i went asda and got the usual KTC. 54p per litre. for 15 litres = £8.20 best i can do as all the cheap places have sold out
                Technically I think I got banned for calling the supervisor a fascist after she wouldn't let me buy a second load of 10 x 1L bottles...

Comment

well least you got banned for a good reason.
                  having items for sale, and then not letting them be sold is crazy.

its like the red light district having locked doors....
                  Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

well least you got banned for a good reason.
                    having items for sale, and then not letting them be sold is crazy.

its like the red light district having locked doors....
                    We got into a discussion about me wanting to buy 15l of corn oil, she told me there was a 10 item limit so I put 5l back. Paid for my 10l, put it in the car and went back in for another 10.

She refused to sell me it, basically because she could, that's when I said she was acting like a faschist; at which point she banned me...

So whilst technically it was for calling her a faschist, in reality it was because I tried to buy 2 loads of corn oil. So I wasn't banned for a good reason at all.

Comment

KTC Veg oil is on offer at Macro this week, 20L for £13. I noticed it this morning when buying beer
                      More Lift.
                      More Tyres.
                      More Engine.

Comment

Originally posted by Karma Supra
                        KTC Veg oil is on offer at Macro this week, 20L for £13. I noticed it this morning when buying beer
                        blimey its gone up loads!

thats hardly special offer when supermarkets are doing it loads cheaper

whats the price when it aint on special?!??!
                        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

blimey its gone up loads!

thats hardly special offer when supermarkets are doing it loads cheaper

whats the price when it aint on special?!??!
                          You wont find it much cheaper 65p a ltr is no bad these days
                          Brian

Comment

Bad news is, veg oil will remain high in price for now cos of the floods. corn oil is onlytill stocks last, as is lidls effort.

cash and carry is the best.
                            Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

I had 15l of that pura in litre bottles last week & no-one said anything (they thought i was feeding it to the horses tho), then there was none until weekend when there were 3l which i took & have been none since, the whole time the corn oil was 49p it was out of stock & now it is 89p again

Comment

Working...
                              X