Anybody seen or heard of these?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody seen or heard of these?

These hiclone seem to be one of the latest gizmo's people are putting into hilux's, cruiser's, patrols etc in Oz.
    My 2.8 hilux is a little asthmatic and a mate recon's these give your motor a bit more grunt. Sounds good but is it another con or is it the genuine artical.
    Anybody fitted one, know of one or heard of the results they give.

Check em out tell us what you think
    http://www.hicloneqld.com/products.html
    Cheers Matt
    Harden the Fuk Up Princess

Sorry mate, these are useless wastes of money.

Comment

dont ever let one of those near your car. not even for transportation..

ive heard stories of them coming loose and being sucked into the engine..
      do you really want metail pieces being sucked into your turbo impeller... i dont think so lol

if you want better airflow, get a K&N panel or cone filter and some decent kink free pipework. and then a free flow exhaust that is 2.25" at least, 2.5" preferable for turbos
      Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

i just read the page, and in theory ive always said it might be a good idea... but the price!
        $175.00

if it was £20 then i would try it, and make sure there was absolutely no way it could come loose. but for $175 and it might not even fit probably... bhah
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Just what i was thinking

Cheers guys
          I had my doubt's over these things and youv'e confirmed them.
          Verdict = Peice of Sh"t.
          Thanks Matt
          Harden the Fuk Up Princess

Comment

Originally posted by hilux2.8
            These hiclone seem to be one of the latest gizmo's people are putting into hilux's, cruiser's, patrols etc in Oz.
            My 2.8 hilux is a little asthmatic and a mate recon's these give your motor a bit more grunt. Sounds good but is it another con or is it the genuine artical.
            Anybody fitted one, know of one or heard of the results they give.

Check em out tell us what you think
            http://www.hicloneqld.com/products.html
            Cheers Matt
            I can't see how creating a Cyclone in the air would help, diesel is sprayed into the engine, not mixed with the air like a petrol engine and it's been blown through the turbo and squashed to about a 20th of its normal size by the time the diesel hits it.

Waste of $175 i would say
            Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

didnt think about that like that!
              even better explanation!
              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

You often see an armful of devices to save fuel increase power stop black smoke etc, etc.

Engines are set up to produce a certain amount of power, silly things like this never work and like dieselboy says can get sucked into the turbo impellor with undesireable effects! (ie a smashed turbo!)

The missus 2.4 has a magnet strapped to the fuel RETURN line that is supposed to save fuel, does it work..... nah I just can't be bothered to remove it yet.

The worst one of all....... I think is the E-bay "no black smoke" one which sell you a ball bearing where a tie strap or bolt will do the same trick!
                Bring me the head of a treehugger

Comment

Working...
                X