need some help please....nero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some help please....nero

i have just recieved my winch bumper.its an alloy one so have "acquired" the steel winch mount.my question is........
    the bumper will only take (according to the tjm website) a "low mount " winch.

any ideas anyone !!! (needs to be nice and ....cheap!!!)
    Non intercooled nothing.

Hello mate!!

A low mount winch, i would guess.... is similar to the one Joker an sledge got off Ebay!

Some Champion an warn winchs are huge nowadays.

Anyway! Pictures?!??!

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
      Hello mate!!

A low mount winch, i would guess.... is similar to the one Joker an sledge got off Ebay!

Some Champion an warn winchs are huge nowadays.

Anyway! Pictures?!??!
      have pics (but no litle cable thingy,its at home)will post up pics later.
      i called a man about a steel winch plate.he asked if the bumper was steel or aluminum(its aluminum,hence the winch mount) and asked how much i paid,i told him(150) and he nearly choked.as a tjm dealer he sells the ally one for ........800 QUID !!!!!!!!
      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Like anything else, there is the new off the shelf with wrapping price, and then there is the used price, and that is of couse dictated by market forces, and what someone is prepared to pay for it on the day, and of course who is bidding, for instance, if I'd have seen the auction, I'd have outbid ya.
        Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

At a guess it means one of three things, either:

1) It'll take anything that's not a WARN 8274.

2) It will take anything with detachable solenoids.

3) It will take anything up to 9500lb with detachable solenoids (most 10000 and 12000lb winches have bigger bodies.
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
            Like anything else, there is the new off the shelf with wrapping price, and then there is the used price, and that is of couse dictated by market forces, and what someone is prepared to pay for it on the day, and of course who is bidding, for instance, if I'd have seen the auction, I'd have outbid ya.
            hi clive,
            there are good reasons i was not out bid ,there are manifest reasons but the main reason was..........................t he buy it now price was £150 quid.it wasn't a case of outbidding,more like who could log on to ebay and press the "buy it now" button quickest !!
            Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by gwh200
              i have just recieved my winch bumper.its an alloy one so have "acquired" the steel winch mount.my question is........
              the bumper will only take (according to the tjm website) a "low mount " winch.

any ideas anyone !!! (needs to be nice and ....cheap!!!)
              these are the measurments of my winch the same as jokers

looking from the front

21.5cm high, 56.2 cm wide

looking from top

15.6cm wide

these meaurments are without the black control box on top
              this is the 12,000lbs winch

if ya need any more specs give me a shout

Comment

why thanks sledge !!

im waiting for the winch plate to come,as soon as it arrives i will have a better idea of what fits in there.
                Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

why thanks sledge !!

im waiting for the winch plate to come,as soon as it arrives i will have a better idea of what fits in there.
                  the winch plate is alot longer than the winch it's self anyway, depending which plate you got, have you got a pic of the plate or a link

Comment

hi clive,
                    there are good reasons i was not out bid ,there are manifest reasons but the main reason was..........................t he buy it now price was £150 quid.it wasn't a case of outbidding,more like who could log on to ebay and press the "buy it now" button quickest !!

BUGGA!

hehehe, nice find, and at a good price, well done.
                    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by sledge
                      the winch plate is alot longer than the winch it's self anyway, depending which plate you got, have you got a pic of the plate or a link
                      dont have a pic or link (yet),its the same thing oem sell,just mine is second hand.only paid 18 quid for it !!

anyway will try to find a pic.
                      Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

dont have a pic or link (yet),its the same thing oem sell,just mine is second hand.only paid 18 quid for it !!

anyway will try to find a pic.
                        is it the same as the one on the bottom of the link

http://www.winchsolutions.co.uk/bumper.html

Comment

no !!

its seems almost like a box, which fits to the front of the bumper,(where the rollers attach),and bolts on in about 3 places
                          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

a lot of winches have a standard footprint , if winch is to high and as solenoid that is detatchable you could always relocate it in engine bay
                            Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
                              a lot of winches have a standard footprint , if winch is to high and as solenoid that is detatchable you could always relocate it in engine bay
                              it looks a bit like this (this is atjm one,just not the same one,its the only pic i can find

Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

Working...
                              X