Advice on a land rover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice on a land rover

Ok so i know they are not everyone's cup of tea but here's the thing.

A mate of mine has offered me his 110 land rover its on an H plate. Apparently this motor has quite a history as it is an Ex-Ugandon safari vehicle. It has been prepped for off road use. Presumably meaning it has bits of steel welded to it. It is in good nick and I jest you not comes complete with Rhino and Gazel dent marks. I have not had a chance to see it yet.

The guy has said we wants to sell it to someone he knows that will look after it. I am to make him an offer.

Any thoughts on how much something like this is worth?

I don't want to insult this guy so offering him pound fifty for it is not going to happen.

Cheers
    Tequilla - breakfast of heros.

Originally posted by Muddy Boots
    Ok so i know they are not everyone's cup of tea but here's the thing.

A mate of mine has offered me his 110 land rover its on an H plate. Apparently this motor has quite a history as it is an Ex-Ugandon safari vehicle. It has been prepped for off road use. Presumably meaning it has bits of steel welded to it. It is in good nick and I jest you not comes complete with Rhino and Gazel dent marks. I have not had a chance to see it yet.

The guy has said we wants to sell it to someone he knows that will look after it. I am to make him an offer.

Any thoughts on how much something like this is worth?

I don't want to insult this guy so offering him pound fifty for it is not going to happen.

Cheers
    I would make a call to the doctors, as you are quite clearly a sick man, for even thinking of buying a landrover!!
    a pound fifty is too much for one of these...
    Regards Nigel
    Monster trucks, BIG,Loud,Fast, What's not to like?

Comment

the price depends on who did the mods on it and how good they are
      i look at some myself about a year ago them sort your on about are very impressive
      like i said the price depands on who and what them mods are
      have you any idea's on what kind of mods are on it or who put them on?
      if it one of these
      http://www.tomcatmotorsport.co.uk/
      then your in for a bargen anywere around 8 grand for a good runner thats in good nick
      am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Mate, don't do it. In all seriousness though this probably ain't the best place to ask. I'd certainly give it some thought.

Ideally it want's to be a Tdi engine or n/a, the rover TD wasn't exactly popular or well rated. If it's one of the small petrol engines, i think it was a 2.25 i wouldn't bother. And i would've though it was unlikely to have been a v8 as a safari vehicle, but i guess it could have had a transplant since it came back. Rear cross members are prone to rust, as is the rest of the chassis, especially around the body mounts apparently, something to do with the aluminium bodies accelerating the rust where they come into contact with the steel chassis or something.

Prepped for off road use could mean anything, get some more specific details on how it's been prepped.

Check for leaks, if it's not leaking there's no fluids in it
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

Probably worth £1000- £1500 if it's mechanically sound with good tyres, If it's pretty rough, then about £800.
          Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Thats why I posted it on here. you guys arent gonna be all stary eyed about them. i mean if i could be ar sed to join a landy forum thy would probably tell me its worth shed loads and what a find blah blah blah...

My original thoughts were if it was a bargain i would give it some stick off road.

Having said that I was out with a mate of mine over the weekend and we did some work on my surf. He was amazed at the good condition it was in. He has a same year plate on his Range Rover and i was amazed at how bad some of the rot was on it.

Comment

Having read the other posts, I should reply.

There is nothing on a LR that ain't repairable, you can still buy every part off the shelf, even a chassis.

My old series 3 had more welded plates than chassis but was till mot'd every year.

Also there are about 30 different engines that will go into the LR with a bell housing kit, and the insureance won't alter ( ford 3.0 V6, V8, LDV 2.5 diesel etc.etc.)

Look at the vehicle and go from there.
              There may not be much rust on it if it's a recent import, so best to look at it first and then make a decision.

Get some pics, and post 'em up.
              Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

http://www.tomcatmotorsport.co.uk/
                if they had it its not a landy any more

but if its just got a few spec on it from god knows were
                if its just a landy then i would say bobs spot on
                you need to give more info
                dont buy a donkey landy
                i would not touch one myself
                but them tomcat's arnt landy after they done them but very costly to run
                parts brake alot (there not like toyota's)
                am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Boots
                  Thats why I posted it on here. you guys arent gonna be all stary eyed about them. i mean if i could be ar sed to join a landy forum thy would probably tell me its worth shed loads and what a find blah blah
                  Join the MudClub forum, they're not quite so Landy Orientated, but know their vehicles.
                  Paul </Slugsie>
                  Immortal.so far!

Comment

i remember being in one of them when i was a kid.. very bouncey and cold lol
                    would much prefer one of these:
                    Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

I will try and down load some pictures tomorrow. i have joined the above forum and see what these guys say as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X