No announcement yet.

Oxfordshire favour please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right then Brian - I went to look at the truck and met Chris - really nice guy, pumped all my tyres up for me and showed me his 6.0L diesel Dodge mega pickup!!!

The 1st gen is exactly how he described it - rotten sills on the hardback, wouldn't take much to sort those, the engine bay is white with the water marks from the overheat-but the engine starts, sounds fine, no major noise, no bad rattles or squeaks, the rear exhaust is blowing a bit, interior is mostly good, needs a new centre arm rest - there is an inclinometer in it!

Rear window works fine - there is no rear wiper, but the motor is still there..

tyres are OK and would get you home, just - providing the weather is OK, but the engine may not...

Due to the overheat, he thinks the head is pooped, the truck will drive, and drives just fine - gearbox and clutch are all good, but it will overheat. He's replaced the rad cap and stat (I think) and disti cap and leads (basically what he says in the ad), but doesn't think the engine will go too far before it overheats again.

Other than that - it does have a bit of a dent and scratch on the tailgate - nothing too serious - but it's good and solid underneath, basically everywhere other than the engine!
    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Andy fantastic mate what a gent checking that out for me I'm at work the now and can't get eblag but I will drop Chris a line tonight.

Once again thanks mate
      Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie
        Andy fantastic mate what a gent checking that out for me I'm at work the now and can't get eblag but I will drop Chris a line tonight.

Once again thanks mate
        No problem mate - happy to help!
        Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Working...
        X