Oxfordshire favour please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oxfordshire favour please

I'm bidding on this could someone local give it the once over for me.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NO-RESERVE-88-...QQcmdZViewItem
    Brian

That looks seriously tidy compared to some (read most) of the 1st gens that have come up on the bay recently. Nice find.

Sorry can't help with giving it a once over though, i'm closer than you, but still a bit far.
    =========
    =SOLD UP!=
    =========

Comment

Yep it looks like a good project base I have some bidding competion for it already but hopefully I can get it. As I would love to get my hands on 1st gen before they are all lost.
      Brian

Comment

Dont bid anything else until the last minute, then put in a slighlty higher bid, followed by your max bid which will be hidden. In the space of 1 minute folk wont be able to bid up quick enough to match it. But dont leave it too late.

You prob know all this but thought itd be a good idea if not.
        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

That's a nice looking 1st gen, and if you get it for less than a grand, then It don't really matter if it's a bit ropey on the engine side.

Seller says h/gaskit is leaking, but I would budget for a new head, but that said, you can get an imported 2LTE TD engine complete for £800, or put a lexus V8 in it ( see surfenstein or bushwhacker for details)

It's the best colour too
          Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
            That's a nice looking 1st gen, and if you get it for less than a grand, then It don't really matter if it's a bit ropey on the engine side.

Seller says h/gaskit is leaking, but I would budget for a new head, but that said, you can get an imported 2LTE TD engine complete for £800, or put a lexus V8 in it ( see surfenstein or bushwhacker for details)

It's the best colour too
            Yep mate engine transplant and few other goodies and it would be a nice truck here's hoping but I think plenty will be after it. You know if any members are local to it? who might have a look over it for me
            Brian

Comment

Originally posted by yoshie
              Yep mate engine transplant and few other goodies and it would be a nice truck here's hoping but I think plenty will be after it. You know if any members are local to it? who might have a look over it for me
              Sorry it's sill 50+ miles for me try andylala
              www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

Originally posted by Woodzie
                Sorry it's sill 50+ miles for me try andylala
                Cheers Ian was thinking maybe a couple mile each way I wouldnt ask someone to trek 100+ and then not snap it up
                Brian

Comment

Cheers Ian was thinking maybe a couple mile each way I wouldnt ask someone to trek 100+ and then not snap it up
                  If i had the time i would but i haven't ......bugger as i like first gens too
                  www.daemon4x4.org

Comment

I'm not too far from Bicester (further than I used to be) - but not sure I'd know what to look for and report on - and only really free on Sunday the day before the auction ends.

If there is a list of things for me to check then I'm happy to drive down and give it a scan for you.
                    Too old to care, young enough to remember

Comment

Originally posted by MudSurfer
                      I'm not too far from Bicester (further than I used to be) - but not sure I'd know what to look for and report on - and only really free on Sunday the day before the auction ends.

If there is a list of things for me to check then I'm happy to drive down and give it a scan for you.
                      Only if it's close and you have a spare hour mate don't put yourself out. Just a general look over I'm not bothered about the engine as it's comming out just to make sure it's not sitting on rotten rails ect. I've been in touch with the Girl as I will need to arrange it's uplift, I have a mate who has a recover firm but would need to wait till one of his wagons was on a run down south with someone she seems okay with this but still to confirm exact time scales as I think their leaving the country.
                      Brian

Comment

Only if it's close and you have a spare hour mate don't put yourself out. Just a general look over I'm not bothered about the engine as it's comming out just to make sure it's not sitting on rotten rails ect. I've been in touch with the Girl as I will need to arrange it's uplift, I have a mate who has a recover firm but would need to wait till one of his wagons was on a run down south with someone she seems okay with this but still to confirm exact time scales as I think their leaving the country.

Give her a call and let her know I'll come over and look on Sunday - ask her what is a good time to get there, and where she is - then let me have her details and I'll pop over - don't want to confuse her by getting in contact directly, she may think I'm another potential buyer....

Comment

Give her a call and let her know I'll come over and look on Sunday - ask her what is a good time to get there, and where she is - then let me have her details and I'll pop over - don't want to confuse her by getting in contact directly, she may think I'm another potential buyer....
                          Thanks very much mate I have emiled her and asked if Sunday would be good and what time. I will let you know how I get on.
                          Brian

Comment

Any time Sunday mate but don't worry if you can't make it I left it at a maybe if you were passing you would drop in.
                            Heres her number 01869328825
                            Brian

Comment

Any time Sunday mate but don't worry if you can't make it I left it at a maybe if you were passing you would drop in.
                              Heres her number 01869328825
                              Cool - do you have a post code and a name - PM me if you do!

Comment

Working...
                              X