nero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nero279
    Seriously if you want to mount a winch it needs to be mounted on something seriously solid. A 12000lb winch could do exactly what it says on the tin, pull with a force of 12000lb or in english a bit over 5 ton.
    I was thinking of having something made up by a welder and put somewhere by the bashplate or similar

Comment

Whatever frame/cradle/mount you use it'll need to be fixed directly to the chassis rails and front cross member. You'll need to modify or replace the front bumper, either by cutting out the middle of the bumper to fit the new winch and frame, or it might be possible to move the whole bumper forward and mount the winch behind it with just a fairlead poking through somewhere and keep the rest of the metalwork hidden out of sight.
      =========
      =SOLD UP!=
      =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
        Whatever frame/cradle/mount you use it'll need to be fixed directly to the chassis rails and front cross member. You'll need to modify or replace the front bumper, either by cutting out the middle of the bumper to fit the new winch and frame, or it might be possible to move the whole bumper forward and mount the winch behind it with just a fairlead poking through somewhere and keep the rest of the metalwork hidden out of sight.
        I hear a till draw opening and my wallet opening with a creak and the moths running away

Comment

Originally posted by Retribution
          I hear a till draw opening and my wallet opening with a creak and the moths running away
          mmmmmm $$$$$$$$$

ching ching
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

Thats what i have been looking for m8 anywhere in the uk that stocks em

Isn't tony selling these soon i recall a post i'm sure
            Last edited by Retribution; 20 November 2007, 00:08.

Comment

tony is selling the TJM ones, http://www.tjm.com.au/Default.aspx?tabid=59
              =========
              =SOLD UP!=
              =========

Comment

Pity i like the look of the shrockworks 1, wonder how much it would be to ship to the uk with taxes etc.
                Would look good on a gen 3 as well

Comment

Working...
                X