wowee!! (alloys / spacers)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• wowee!! (alloys / spacers)

ive been thinking about may be getting some new wheels to replace the 16" ones i have. may be some very deep dish style.
    or if not, then some spacers to make the car seem a bit more butch..
    or may be painting the ones i have, or getting them spit and polished

roughtrax website has these for £60 each which i think is a bargain!.. the look quite nice as well i think but its a different story once they are on the truck..

they also have the spacers but will i need special wheel nuts for these? can anyone tell me about them? it says they are fitted with studs, but wont they be weak if the wheel bolts to them, and they bolt to the hub?

these are the wheels i have i was wondering how they would look black on a red shiney car like mine, with white writing on the tyre rubber?

also the tyre rubber writing has started to go a bit grey, wonder would tip-ex bring it back to white? or is that a silly thing to do? lol

plus i got to buy a suit or two for work and still save for a flat, so ill probably only take the cheaper option :/
    anyone heard of canali? italian suit maker... ?
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

The nuts that come with the spacers go onto ur stnadard studs. Ur wheelnuts then go onto the studs that those nuts are on now.
    Hope that answers ur question.

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
      ive been thinking about may be getting some new wheels to replace the 16" ones i have. may be some very deep dish style.
      or if not, then some spacers to make the car seem a bit more butch..
      or may be painting the ones i have, or getting them spit and polished

roughtrax website has these for £60 each which i think is a bargain!.. the look quite nice as well i think but its a different story once they are on the truck..

they also have the spacers but will i need special wheel nuts for these? can anyone tell me about them? it says they are fitted with studs, but wont they be weak if the wheel bolts to them, and they bolt to the hub?

these are the wheels i have i was wondering how they would look black on a red shiney car like mine, with white writing on the tyre rubber?

also the tyre rubber writing has started to go a bit grey, wonder would tip-ex bring it back to white? or is that a silly thing to do? lol

plus i got to buy a suit or two for work and still save for a flat, so ill probably only take the cheaper option :/
      anyone heard of canali? italian suit maker... ?

Ajax or bleach will whiten the tyre letters, even cellulous thinners on a rag and give them a (gentle) wipe over.

I didn't know you bought Captain Beaky's truck!

Go to man @ C&A for a suit.

Comment

thanks mate..
        but next question is... -
        if im on 3 wheels, going down a massive hill, and then the truck slams into the floor with the spacers on, am i going to break them?

ive done this a lot going over rough ground and its been fine, but are the spacers really weak? im expecting them to be weaker..
        Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

thanks mate..
          if im on 3 wheels, going down a massive hill, and then the truck slams into the floor with the spacers on, am i going to break them?

ive done this a lot going over rough ground and its been fine, but are the spacers really weak? im expecting them to be weaker..
          they may show up a weak wheel bearing,but the decent spacers are quite tough(have some on order meself)
          Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

thanks mate..

If you get the solid spacers from Roughtrax, they'll be OK. If you get spacers from E-bay, the wheels will fall off before you get to the end of the road.

Comment

tony i have a set of wheelspacers from roughtrax might be able to do a deal with you
              Only Toyota can get you out of shite

Comment

I have the cheapies, they have survived, but only just. Im after some good one for my next surf.

Comment

Originally posted by clayton8798
                  I have the cheapies, they have survived, but only just. Im after some good one for my next surf.
                  what you got to swap lol

Comment

Originally posted by joker??
                    what you got to swap lol
                    me kids

Comment

now now neil no good giving them away if you cant replace them

Comment

now now neil no good giving them away if you cant replace them
                        pmsl big time

Comment

tony i have a set of wheelspacers from roughtrax might be able to do a deal with you
                          sounds like an idea!
                          what are you asking for them?
                          Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

You can buy decent steel spacers for what? £120 ish? Why bother? Just go get yourself a set of four 15x10" steels like mine for around £240. They're about as butch and as deep dished as you'll find!

Mind you, it will mean you'll need to get some 15" tyres too...

Why not go the whole hog like I did. Flog your current alloys / tyres and get a set of something like I got? 33"x13.5" on 10" wide steels. They look the muts, and give you the option of running any typical width 33" tyre on the correct width rim.
                            Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Instead of putting spacers on, just take off the arch extensions.. sell em for a small fortune on here and enjoy the std wheels hanging out nicely....
                              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Working...
                              X