Saggybottom surfs??????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saggybottom surfs??????

Just done my usual morning eblag hunt for a surf and came across an ad that had the following statement (under list of good bits):

2" lift kit (springs and shocks) and 2" rear spring spacers to stop the rear sag that is common on Surfs.

I've never heard of the surfs suffering from rear end sagging? Do they really suffer from this?

I like the look of surfs with the raised suspension and/or bodylifts, but does this do anything good for the car either onroad or offroad, or does it make it unstable and something more for show, rather than practicality?

some surfs do suffer the saggy bottom syndrome. Raising the truck is good if you want some extra inches ground clearence off road, or just want to make your truck look big and scary
    Hold my beer and watch this

Comment

Originally posted by gregwho
      Just done my usual morning eblag hunt for a surf and came across an ad that had the following statement (under list of good bits):

2" lift kit (springs and shocks) and 2" rear spring spacers to stop the rear sag that is common on Surfs.

I've never heard of the surfs suffering from rear end sagging? Do they really suffer from this?

I like the look of surfs with the raised suspension and/or bodylifts, but does this do anything good for the car either onroad or offroad, or does it make it unstable and something more for show, rather than practicality?
      More practical off road, better ground clearance and articulation. Looks good too.
      Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Mine's got the S.A.S. You can see when it sits on the level (rare in Plymouth) that the nose is pointing high.

Comment

All coil springs will sag eventually. The factory springs have a fairly small diameter wire. The amount varies depending on vehicle and it's past life. Mine was sagged around 20mm. If you replace the springs with a heaver standard length version you will bring it back to around factory height or a little higher. If you want a bit of lift go for 40-50mm raised springs. Spacers aren't necessary unless you want more lift. If you simply want to restore the height and have the comfort of the original springs then replace with standard.

Nev

Comment

Working...
          X