Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Info. Please

Hello all

I am after a tow rig to drag my CJ6 around (if she ever gets built). Someone has suggested a 3.0 surf as a good option.

Can anyone please tell me the approximate tare weight along with the GVW and GTW of these vehicles. Also, a quick run down of the spec/trim levels.

Thanks

All info has been listed in other threads use the search forum
    The Surf will not let you down buy a 3.0 td
    Last edited by yoshie; 18 November 2007, 15:39.
    Brian

Comment

Originally posted by MK1
      Hello all

I am after a tow rig to drag my CJ6 around (if she ever gets built). Someone has suggested a 3.0 surf as a good option.

Can anyone please tell me the approximate tare weight along with the GVW and GTW of these vehicles. Also, a quick run down of the spec/trim levels.

Thanks
      welcome

have a search and you should find what ya looking for.

this might help

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/30lt.htm

Comment

http://www.toyotahilux.com/index.php?doc=87
        click the model you're interested in. And on the next page there is a link for a tech sheet, the button below the picture and txt but above the links for different product categories will open a PDF with it all on.

The KZN 130 is the 3.0 version of the proper 2nd gen surf they would be expected to sell at around the £3500 mark.

The KZN 185 is the 3rd gen, available in three trim levels, - l'oreal is top spec, tresemme is the middle one, and the basic spec is wash & go. They are a touch more expensive mainly due to the fact that grooming is such a well paid profession in todays society.
        =========
        =SOLD UP!=
        =========

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
          click the model you're interested in. And on the next page there is a link for a tech sheet, the button below the picture and txt but above the links for different product categories will open a PDF with it all on.

The KZN 130 is the 3.0 agricultural version of the 2nd gen surf they would be expected to sell at around the £3500 mark at a farm implement sale
          The KZN 185 is the 3rd gen, available in three trim levels, - intercooled and powerful as fcuk is top spec, non intercooled but very cool is the middle one, and the basic spec is thank god Im no longer a tractor. They are a touch more expensive mainly due to the fact that they are better looking, more economical, roomier and faster .
          Apologies for making a few corrections to your post but Im sure that you wouldnt want our guest getting the wrong impression because you made some trivial errors.

Bogus
          Сви можемо

Comment

Originally posted by Bogus
            Apologies for making a few corrections to your post but Im sure that you wouldnt want our guest getting the wrong impression because you made some trivial errors.

Bogus
            It took a while without Marky around, i was waiting for someone to respond

All the same my friend you misspelt alterations
            =========
            =SOLD UP!=
            =========

Comment

Sorry i was sharpening my SCISSORS.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=) SQUIRREL MUNCHER GRRRRRRR
              (")_(")

Comment

Originally posted by nero279
                It took a while without Marky around, i was waiting for someone to respond

All the same my friend you misspelt alterations
                So, If I said " Apologies for making a few alterations in order to correct your post "

That would be OK ??

Oh and thanks for the reminder Marky, my screenwashandgo bottle needs topping up

Bogus
                Сви можемо

Comment

Thanks for the links. However this one has blind links to the technical specification.

And this one states only a 1500kg towing capacity. Surely that can't be right?

http://www.toyotasurf.asn.au/techsite/30lt.htm

After a very quick search of the forum it seems the KZN185 is 2500kg. If these figures are correct then I would have to have a MK3. I'm really suprised at that, I thought they would be higher!
                  Last edited by MK1; 18 November 2007, 21:43.

Comment

well i have a 2.4 and i know i towed jcb's out of muddy fields before
                    the car trailer i tow from time to time is a breeze with my surf too
                    3lt inter cooled will be much more than i can
                    so its up to you but i know the power of a surf the 3lt is a real beast
                    am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

these trucks pull out tree stumps, nuff said!
                      Alan

yoshie "Didn't know they had a pill for laziness, anyway get well soon."

Comment

These vehicles being a grey import sometimes the tech specs sheets you see seem to vary in terms of things like towing capacity. For all 2nd gens regardless of engine the generally accepted towing weight is somewhere between the 1500-1800kg mark, remember the surf itself only weighs in at 1850kg. 3rd gen figures seem to be up to around 2200kg.

All surfs will pull incredibly well, but on paper the figures aren't particularly high, at it's the figures on paper that will stand up in court or when you get pulled over, or have to make an insurance claim.

Surfs aren't toyotas heavyweights, if you want to pull 3.5tonne you're looking at a landcruiser.
                        =========
                        =SOLD UP!=
                        =========

Comment

Working...
                        X