truck prang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• truck prang

someone finally hit me! nothing serious, i dont think there is anything more than a scratch tbh. there is a dent on his rear quarter though thankfully.

what happened is, we were going through a set of crossroads, where it was green for us. i was in the left lane thats marked for straight on only, and going straight on. he was in the right lane, marked turning right only but came from behind and cut me up and tried to force me onto the pavement. so although i was on the brake (and horn), there was no way i was going on the pavement, so the front right quarter of my bumper gave him a little tap.
    he then refused to stop, for a good few miles, so i had to overtake him and block him off.
    then he refused to give me any details except a mobile number. silly polish div. he had his insurance details though in the car, and he couldnt work out why i dont carry mine. took a lot for me not to lamp him one.
    i hate people that drive like he was doing.
    and do you know, that he is a bus driver as well?

now earlier i almost wrote off some young girls KA. im so glad i never touched it because if i had, then she would of had some serious wiplash. i was going down a back road, that had roads coming off it like cross roads. i had right of way. she came to the end of her road (i see her stop) then as im about to pass the road she is coming out of, she shoots out in front of me!
    i slammed the brakes on but wheels locked up. i had to take my foot off the brake so i got steering to then steer the truck behind her. that was the biggest brown moment i had for ages!

still, she must have cr@pped herself to, i can still see the look on her face. you would think she would have seen me, lifted truck, with main beam on. the only car moving down that road! lol
    Oh Nana, what's my name?

mmmm polish i love em,if he had tried to get away i wud have not been so patient lololol,we had a polish driver at work,his first day....drove our heavy wrecker straight into another truck!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy
      someone finally hit me! nothing serious, i dont think there is anything more than a scratch tbh. there is a dent on his rear quarter though thankfully.

what happened is, we were going through a set of crossroads, where it was green for us. i was in the left lane thats marked for straight on only, and going straight on. he was in the right lane, marked turning right only but came from behind and cut me up and tried to force me onto the pavement. so although i was on the brake (and horn), there was no way i was going on the pavement, so the front right quarter of my bumper gave him a little tap.
      he then refused to stop, for a good few miles, so i had to overtake him and block him off.
      then he refused to give me any details except a mobile number. silly polish div. he had his insurance details though in the car, and he couldnt work out why i dont carry mine. took a lot for me not to lamp him one.

now earlier i almost wrote off some young girls KA. im so glad i never touched it because if i had, then she would of had some serious wiplash. i was going down a back road, that had roads coming off it like cross roads. i had right of way. she came to the end of her road (i see her stop) then as im about to pass the road she is coming out of, she shoots out in front of me!
      i slammed the brakes on but wheels locked up. i had to take my foot off the brake so i got steering to then steer the truck behind her. that was the biggest brown moment i had for ages!

still, she must have cr@pped herself to, i can still see the look on her face. you would think she would have seen me, lifted truck, with main beam on. the only car moving down that road! lol
      A woman with 3 kids in her car tried that with me once, luckily, she had kids in there, otherwise id of ploughed straight through her nice shiney golf.

The 2 things that annoyed me about that were that
      1, when i beeped and flashed my lights to let her know she had done wrong, she gave me the hand signal.
      2, And the other thing was, when we got to the roundabout at the bottom of the hill, she turned round and went back up the hill.

Comment

I had some muppet with his missus pull out in front of me with his fester, I managed to swerve round the pillock, as did the car behind me.

Take 50mph down a country lane
        Add a little side road
        A touch of pillock in a fester
        Add the time of 6:30 in the morning
        Finally garnish with a Surf based 'Elk test'

And you have a recipe to discover the colour of 'adrenaline'
        Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

dont talk of polish youll have stormy on all day about them

Comment

glad its not too bad mate.
            ive had a bad week with idiot drivers! if they are not pulling out through traffic to the side of me they are doing emergency stops for pedestrians crossing a main road!!!
            both times i locked up towards them with the horn on and managed to evade both times. MAN do MT's make a racket when you slide down to road!
            Tim
            Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

"dont know why every one raves about eastern bloc builders,cos all of them are useless"

Couldn't agree more dude! I suppose it's like most things, there are good and bad in all, but i've been in the building trade for 20 years and not met any of the good ones yet!
              www.amcbs.webeden.co.uk www.xjrestorations.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by dieselboy

there are some bad drivers out there
                but you delt with very well (man after my own heart)
                i have had to do the same chase an old guy a few miles bloke the road
                the old boy wanted to fight me??? i had to hold myself off him old or not he was getting close
                any younger i would have done him over

i think you did very well not to punch any one
                am not die lex sick its you that cant read mate

Comment

Some nice touches to this thread, good to see the xenophobes " the little Britains" out and about and trolling

Bogus
                  Сви можемо

Comment

~The phrase is 'little Englanders' ..
                    it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

It's not xenophobia or racism or quaint little england isolationism imho,
                      it just has to do with the fact that they undercut all local tradesmen, they generally do a $$$$ job (you get what you pay for syndrome), and they push the average cost of housing up by overcrowding this nation which is part of the reason people like me can't even begin to think about getting a mortgage.
                      O.K. that's me done, does anyone else want this soapbox now?
                      Dyslexics of the world, UNTIE!!!!

Comment

I only seem to get knobheads pulling out in front of me when I'm on my bike...

That said, there's a brand new (less than 100 miles) Q7 with a dented N/S rear bumper and broken light, after the wummin driving it reversed into my surf in Morrison's car park in Stirling. All she did to the surf was wiped a bit of dirt off the bull bar.
                        Do you know that, with a 50 character limit, it's

Comment

I like the polish people, they make good pizzas... and sell cheap fags and booze, and set up illegal poker rooms above the pizza shop - then send their hard earned honest money back to bring their families over.
                          =========
                          =SOLD UP!=
                          =========

Comment

You set yourself up by saying..."cos all of them are useless"...

Those you've employed may have been, but don't go generalising, look how pee'd off we get when the media say "all 4x4's are gas guzzling monsters and the nearest they get to offroad is parking on the pavement outside schools"

When I was a mantenance mech at a printers we got 3 Poles to do odd jobs, they where the only ones who pulled their weight when I need help moving machines and stuff, no-one else could be bothered.

Blame the government for not protecting its workforce regarding migrant workers, not people having the balls to leave their families and home and go and work in a strange country to make a better life for themselves.

Originally posted by gwh200
                            and feel free to comment,

especially when you have shelled out nearly £18.000 pounds on a job,and then had to shell out another (nearly) £3000 pounds to put right the complete and utter tear up that was created.

if you have never had the misfortune to suffer this(and no they were not the cheapest) then its not a valid comment ,"little.....anything"
                            you cannot throw accusations of xenophobia about to cover up a shortcoming,

leave that to the goverment
                            4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

Originally posted by clayton8798

2, And the other thing was, when we got to the roundabout at the bottom of the hill, she turned round and went back up the hill.
                              lol prolly to do it all again!
                              long time no see mate
                              Oh Nana, what's my name?

Comment

Working...
                              X