:( Rear Window ballsed :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• :( Rear Window ballsed :(

As I posted last night the window had stopped going up or down but the motor could be heard running.

Well after stripping it today and gluing it, and re-assemblling it, the damn thing failed in about .5 of a second.

Does anyone know how much replacement motors go for?? or if there is a simple substitute??

Cheers

Adam

quick fix,one of your door window motors,if not,then rear window motor off flea bay,or one from toyota of similar age,corolla etc!,changed mine with a corolla one,and the "wrond side"so is mounted other way round and it works spot on!

Comment

Originally posted by adm_sx
      As I posted last night the window had stopped going up or down but the motor could be heard running.

Well after stripping it today and gluing it, and re-assemblling it, the damn thing failed in about .5 of a second.

Does anyone know how much replacement motors go for?? or if there is a simple substitute??

Cheers

Adam

Adam,

Try visiting a s$$$$py for a corolla passenger rear window motor, I believe they are the same beast
      Look out Eastbourne, the Pandas are coming !

Comment

thinkin bout it try hove car spares matey?im guessin u know wherte they are?

Comment

Yeah I know HCS I'll give 'em a go on monday. I might strip and re-glue the motor tomorrow again and see how it goes.

Cheers

Adam

Comment

Originally posted by adm_sx
            Yeah I know HCS I'll give 'em a go on monday. I might strip and re-glue the motor tomorrow again and see how it goes.

Cheers

Adam
            hcs is 2 min walk from my house!!

Comment

You can use one of your passanger window motors as an emergency fix, then you only have to strip the rear window one more time.

I used the rear passenger motor, as I rarely use that window, and wedged it up with a block of wood until I got a s/h one to re-fit.

I think lexus motors fit too.
              Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

and loads on fleabay....
                http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/sear...f+window+motor

Comment

Hehehe, some people selling the rear motor only with bids starting from £40, when you can buy it now for £20 for the n/s front and rear doors which is the same motor lol.
                  Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
                    Hehehe, some people selling the rear motor only with bids starting from £40, when you can buy it now for £20 for the n/s front and rear doors which is the same motor lol.
                    ignorance is lovely lol

Comment

Thinking of biding for the window motor on e-bay for a spare. Would it be better to go for the n/s rear motor as i would presume it gets the least wear?

Comment

I have two Lexus window motors, they are the drivers side though so 15 quid each plus postage.

Comment

Cheers M8
                          If its a simple job to fit then i'll have one off ya. PM me how you want the dosh and where it goes and I,ll get on with it. BTW, mines a 94 3.0ltr ssrg.

Comment

Working...
                          X