No announcement yet.

Show me your bikes then ..............

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats cool apache, i had the Pace Frame box section titanium RC2000 with those forks on, the travel wasnt good but the quality made up for it. That was back in the days when i had biscuit tyres(colour)

I used to race the pipeline on dartmoor, not got the bottle now, had to be fearless then though.
    Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by The Lang-Shankit Scunner
      Thats cool apache, i had the Pace Frame box section titanium RC2000
      That was a gorgeous frame. External milled tube butting? Big lovely quality welds? Mmm, the first (and maybe only) properly engineered Brit bike.

Travel was around 1 1/2" max if I recall, and I used it all, all of the time those days! Jeez, lucky to have all my limbs I think!
      Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
        That was a gorgeous frame. External milled tube butting? Big welds? Mmm, the first (and maybe only) properly engineered Brit bike.
        It was too flexible really, i could straddle the seat and push handle bars 3" left and right and the frame used to go with it. At the time they were the best but i had the shimano XTR chainset and V-brake system (never liked disks). Everyone else liked suspension rears but i preferred more involved ride of the rigid.

I had a sponsorship for about 3 weeks before i did a bit of showboating/duelling wiv my cousin on his diamond back topanga, and we ploughed into the crowd on an unexpected bend, sponsorship ended as i was too much of a liability, mellowed now though.

Shudder to think what i did back then, stupidity. The forks were about that 1- 1.5 inches travel but it was a reassuring type of impact controlled if you like. Just enough to take the edge off. Bought some rock shox (kevlar sprung) but put pace ones back on.
        Last edited by The Lang-Shankit Scunner; 22 December 2007, 00:51.
        Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

I used to have an Orange X2 ages ago after a couple of GT's. now I got a Trek Bruiser for kicking around on but its not the lightest thing! I have a small frame with huge tyres on makes it look like an MX bike
          Tim
          Break It,Fix It,Repeat,Break It,Fix It,Repeat

Comment

I've still got my IBOC comp!! Original V brakes No suspension forks here though... You soft gets!!
            it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

My old top of the range steel Marin with lots of trick bits but no suspension was the lightest and most direct bike I ever owned (it was about 24lbs I seem to recall). However, my wrists are fubar'd so I needed sus forks. That's still not enough sometimes, and after 10 miles or so these days, my wrists have had it!
              Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
                My old top of the range steel Marin with lots of trick bits but no suspension was the lightest and most direct bike I ever owned (it was about 24lbs I seem to recall). However, my wrists are fubar'd so I needed sus forks. That's still not enough sometimes, and after 10 miles or so these days, my wrists have had it!
                I got a marin muirwoods after my bike got stolen from in the house (insurance paid) £560 it was then and i loved it but soon got bored. Always drooled in the window at the rocky mountain with the 'paul' rear mech Those rear mechs were £300!!!!!!! Shockin
                Without Surf And Unhappy

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                  There appears to be a dead hairy person on your bike...
                  Having a well earned 1/2 hours kip at the time and the kidney belt is by old back protector.
                  www.brydenenterprises.co.uk www.kirstyskids.org

Comment

I just got a cg125 to dump at the station-dont laugh car parking £250+per mth and i filled it up after 200miles with....£7.50.

I did have real bikes in the past with the last two being an early hrc 650 africa twin and a pan european.

Ray

Comment

Working...
                    X