No announcement yet.

99% of the way there!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They got cooling fans Rod? Duct them out of the back window and take advantage of the extra thrust.

The 2.4 could do with all the help it can get dragging that lot around!
    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Originally posted by Apache
      They got cooling fans Rod? Duct them out of the back window and take advantage of the extra thrust.

pmsl

Comment

Originally posted by TonyN
        You might wanna fix the seat backs a bit better than the stock press clips. Most trucks I've seen with big amps fixed have the backs of the seat peel off slowly over time.

Good point mate!! Didnt think of that... i'll look into putting some screws on them.... I think theres some metal on the back of the seats isnt there?

Comment

certainly is!

Comment

Originally posted by Apache

Oi! cheeky sod!

2.4's are sooo fast that the outside world goes into a haze giving the impression of things being slow!

Comment

Originally posted by breakdowntruck2
              just one thing rod,not sure if u have had this prob,but i have,mounting amps upside down or standing up---if u have them wound up u run the risk of the solder comin off the internal connections inside,i had a zook jimny when they first came out and had 2 2000w amps mounted upside down and it happend to me!

Hmnn.... hope that wont happen!

Theres not that many places to put the amps without them being upright on kinda upside down.

Comment

got mine under front seats!

Comment

ah, didnt think about that....

smarta$$

Comment

Bumwarmers

Comment

Originally posted by RodLeach
                      ah, didnt think about that....

smarta$$
                      me?never lol,is a tight fit tho!

Comment

Got a few grand to lend me?

Could easily turn me to the dark side...

http://www.tomcatmotorsport.co.uk/advert_19.htm

<edit> oops, wrong thread!

Comment

right... FINISHED!!!

All i can say is that it sounds AMAZING!!!

I havent fitted any dynamat yet. But that might make it a little bit tighter, but overall a vast improvement from what the previous owner had fitted, an a improvement on my speakers that i had wired to the old stock wires.

It wasnt cheap, probably coming in just over £600. But thats it now. Its done, its fitted an should outlast my ownership of the truck!

Comment

Top job Rod, wish i had the funds to do it but i'm prepetualy in a state of
                            financeual embarrasement (and i can'nt spell either) any pics of the finished job? and got another heater controll yet?
                            Too young to die and too old to give a toss

Comment

Originally posted by POPEYE
                              Top job Rod, wish i had the funds to do it but i'm prepetualy in a state of
                              financeual embarrasement (and i can'nt spell either) any pics of the finished job? and got another heater controll yet?

No heater control yet mate! I'll be working on that one soon.

I'll try an get some pics to show the install aswell.

I was daunted about doing it all... seemed a big job with a lot's of ripping out but it took about 5-6 hours top excluding mounting speakers, did that earlier in the year.

My advice for anyone undertaking it, Cable ties are your friends!!

EDIT: Before i did any of this i read Codlords guide on his website. Just to be sure i knew how to get the center dash out. Im sure if you knew the surf better then me, or were experianced at doing the wiring then it would take less time, but this is my 1st big fit.
                              Last edited by RodLeach; 16 November 2007, 17:07.

Comment

Well done that man!!

ahh I remember the days of big tunes! i went and fitted about £2500 worth of competition subs and amps into the back of my civic when i were a lad, now i'm the old old age of 25 i just appreciate music that sounds good. so i might think about uprating my speakers one day. of course after the 3" sus lift, the 2" body lift, the 33's etc.

martin
                                Just trying to raise my postcount!

Comment

Working...
                                X