The joys of a surf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The joys of a surf

I got me surf about 3 weeks ago ive bin doin a few jobs on it to have it road worthy, new cat 1 alarm ,new rad, steering idler, prop uj and discs and pads, srtipped rear tailgate found i need new reg, motor and the two metal strips and new rollers all due to rustin and possibe water ingress, i thought sod it i want it on the road ill sort the window later on so i went ahead swapped me insurance from me other car and drove it home tonight, when i did the rad i flushed it and it bled well enough and it was a bit cold so i thought i know ill have these heaters on, lovely it was very toasty in the cab, after about half an hour driving the windows steamed up rapid, i swipped the misty window with me hand and felt it was greasy, i looked down at the floor and found a trickle of anti freeze on carpet BUGGER matrix is g00sed, i turned heaters to cold went to a local motorworld on me way home bought one them ceramic heaters and wiped the window and started of again, the ceramic heater was not that powerfull but was keeping me window from steamin up again that was untill it blew the ciggy lighter fuse and i had none spare with me lol the joys of a surf,

Bad luck, but as you say " the joys of a surf", or any vehcle that is 10-20 years old, chin up.

http://www.toyotahilux.com/?doc=16&cid=149&vid=977
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

i take it,it was a "project"then?lol u will get there!

Comment

Tough luck mate! You'll get it sorted though, then the grin will begin.

I cross Runcorn Bridge every couple of weeks on a Friday and Sunday, so keep an eye out for this fella and give us a wave!

Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

yer is a project now lol, gonna join heater pipes for now till i get a few days off to do the matrix, loved driving it even with the minor hicups ,cant wait to get off road with it, the surf has rekindled me interest in motors, couldnt be arsed with em for a long time before i got it now im obsessed lol

Comment

Originally posted by Apache

I cross Runcorn Bridge every couple of weeks on a Friday and Sunday, so keep an eye out for this fella and give us a wave!

will do, i was cra ppin me self goin over it tonight, there was heavy traffic, i was thinkin "dont over heat here ffs" lol

Comment

small world ,, i cross runcorn bridge every day 7am / 3 pm
              john....
              i bust things ,, it a skill i have ,,( need help?)

Comment

[QUOTE=Apache]Tough luck mate! You'll get it sorted though, then the grin will begin.

Where can I get a set of them steels mate I can't find 15x10 16x10
                or even 15x8 anywhere up here
                Brian

Comment

[quote=yoshie]

try www.4x4tyres.com yoshie.they have steel 15x8's for 23.50(inclusive of vat) if you spend over 100 quid with them delivery is free,so i bought 5 for 117.50 in 15x8
                  Non intercooled nothing.

Comment

[QUOTE=yoshie]

They're 15x10 black modular steels. Silverline 4x4. 01926 496668. They've got that size in silver too.
                    Cutting steps in the roof of the world

Comment

Brillant guys thanks I'm trying to get everything located and bought
                      then do the lift and fit everything in one hit. Graham thanks for the tip I will give Tony a shout for those hubs dropping the dif smacks of defeating the purpose.
                      Brian

Comment

Working...
                      X