yobit eobot.com

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I could do with some audio wiring 'elp!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I could do with some audio wiring 'elp!!

Well, Blow me! Im actually getting round to doing something on my truck!

Tomorrow me an a mate are going to be fitting my new cd player, 2 amps and some dynomat stuff...

2 questions... 1) Does any one have any pictures or VERY detailed descriptions on where is best to run the cables from the engine bay into the cab?

an 2) The rear speakers in my truck are in the little storage units in the back, Is it best to dynomat all of that... or just run it all along the panel?

Ive got two bits of 18"x32" or something along those lines! I can order more if need be!

Cheers !!!

Heres hoping i have a half decent audio install!

Hi mate, don't know what dynomat is, ( sound proofing maybe?) but I ran my cables from battery to cab via the grmmet that the throttle cable goes through, under the drivers side footwell.

Cables fron head unit to rear of surf via the top of the sill, under the carpet fixing strip by the doors, front and rear, and then under the carpet in the boot space into the cubby holes.

The amp for the sub is mounted in the drivers side cubby, and the disc changer is in the passenger cubby.

Hope this is useful.

Rob
    Rob

Still working for the man!

Comment

Originally posted by plumb bob
      Hi mate, don't know what dynomat is, ( sound proofing maybe?) but I ran my cables from battery to cab via the grmmet that the throttle cable goes through, under the drivers side footwell.

Cables fron head unit to rear of surf via the top of the sill, under the carpet fixing strip by the doors, front and rear, and then under the carpet in the boot space into the cubby holes.

The amp for the sub is mounted in the drivers side cubby, and the disc changer is in the passenger cubby.

Hope this is useful.

Rob

Hello mate! Yeah, Dynomat is a branded name of sound proof sheet stuff...

Grommet for the throttle cable - cheers mate!! Is it large enough to fit 2 cables down? Either way - If it takes one then thats half way there!!

Cheers mate

Comment

yeah, I got the main 60 amp through there, and the power for the cb, and still room for more.
        Rob

Comment

Hope this is useful.

Rob
          dont get me wrong m8 but wouldnt you have been better putting wires through the gormit at top left of engine bay that where i put my cb wires through n wont the throttle cable rub on the wires?

Comment

Originally posted by pirate-storm
            dont get me wrong m8 but wouldnt you have been better putting wires through the gormit at top left of engine bay that where i put my cb wires through n wont the throttle cable rub on the wires?

Well, the 60 amp has been in for over a year, and I didn't see any probs when I instaled the cb three weeks ago.

The grommet is about 35mm in diameter, so plenty of room me thinks, but I guess it does depend on what year and model you have and what extra's are factory fitted as to how much room you have.

Remember mine is a 1989 2LT, so less wireing and electronics than the 2LTE.
            Rob

Comment

Well, the 60 amp has been in for over a year, and I didn't see any probs when I instaled the cb three weeks ago.

The grommet is about 35mm in diameter, so plenty of room me thinks, but I guess it does depend on what year and model you have and what extra's are factory fitted as to how much room you have.

Remember mine is a 1989 2LT, so less wireing and electronics than the 2LTE.
              yeah could be m8 sorry didnt mean it to sound wrong i got a 92 2.4 n the grommit at top left will let you put wire through to the right side of steering, ok you might have to put a hole in it but im still learning so sorry m8

Comment

yeah could be m8 sorry didnt mean it to sound wrong i got a 92 2.4 n the grommit at top left will let you put wire through to the right side of steering, ok you might have to put a hole in it but im still learning so sorry m8

No need to apologise Will, I ain't no expert myself, but my left hand side seemed pretty clutterd with stuff, maybe coz I have twin batteries ( I used the one on the drivers side for cb and sound system)

As you know these surfs can have all sorts of wierd stuff when they come out of the factory, depending on what the original owner ordered.

Rob

Comment

No need to apologise Will, I ain't no expert myself, but my left hand side seemed pretty clutterd with stuff, maybe coz I have twin batteries ( I used the one on the drivers side for cb and sound system)

As you know these surfs can have all sorts of wierd stuff when they come out of the factory, depending on what the original owner ordered.

was that the one at top left of engine bay. oopps no cuse you said throttle cable went through oh well we all learn lol

Comment

Just to be different all the cabling i've added goes through the grommet on the other side near the fuel filter. It's a nice big grommet but comes out right behind some of the air con and fan blower stuff behind the glove box.
                    =========
                    =SOLD UP!=
                    =========

Comment

was that the one at top left of engine bay. oopps no cuse you said throttle cable went through oh well we all learn lol

Well, it's top left if you're looking in the engine bay from the front, and as I remember, mine only had the throttle cable and one other small wire going through it, so it seemed the easiest route at the time, but everybody has a different way of working and seenig things, and to be honest, I'm not known for doing things the easy way
                      Rob

Comment

Well, it's top left if you're looking in the engine bay from the front, and as I remember, mine only had the throttle cable and one other small wire going through it, so it seemed the easiest route at the time, but everybody has a different way of working and seenig things, and to be honest, I'm not known for doing things the easy way
                        im known for not doing things m8 like you said though each truck dif as i didnt have anything going through that gromit

Comment

im known for not doing things m8

Yeah, I know what you mean, it's hard to get the motivation sometimes, I hate working on cars when I NEED to but enjoy it when I CHOOSE to.
                          Rob

Comment

Cheers for the tips guys!

Just fingers crossed it turns up tomorrow - Just found out its being delivered by citylink .....

Comment

No worries mate, let us know how it goes.
                              Rob

Comment

Working...
                              X