Vw Camper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vw Camper

As you may have noticed from my profile i have passed over to the dark side and bought a vw camper 1973 1.6 all welding done solid as a rock just dodgy colour and very dodgy roof in process of taking it off to fit pop top just wondered if anyone else on here has a camper? if so lets see some pic's... and none of the van rocking....

some bad man has nicked the VW bagde of the front
    www.merkinchlnr.org.uk

Comment

Nice, Campers are cool, old V Dubs in general are Kewl! I miss my old Baja Bug!!

The VW scene used to like a crazier version of what we have here with the Surfs, but way bigger.

Its not a camper, but I need to post a pic of the Bug now you've brought it up!!

4x4toys.co.uk - Keeping you on and off the road...

Comment

nice baja tony, they are what first got me into vw's and offroading my mate had one brilliant fun.
        abe, think i saw my badge last night on local chav might drop a toyota badge on instead blow peoples minds....

Comment

There's a camper goes round some of the cruises and modified car shows, it's luverly, perspex bonnet on the rear and a blinged up lit up engine bay with a porsche RSR engine in it. Chrome everywhere i tell thee. Breakdown would be proud.
          =========
          =SOLD UP!=
          =========

Comment

Hiya, had the T25 camper with the high top roof which was modelled on a house brick with half a house brick stuck on top of it!

I spent a fortune on this vehicle (way more than I have spent on the Surf), new body panels, a complete respray, brakes, recon gearbox, carb mods etc.

It was great while it lasted and we had some fantastic family days out in it, I also used it as a support vehicle when my mates did the Coast To Coast (Whitehaven to Tynemouth)and Castles And Coast (Edinburgh to Tynemouth) bike rides.

Unfortunately it got to the stage where it wasn't being used enough so I sold it on to one delighted buyer who also spent a small fortune on it!

Here are a couple of pics, forgive the dodgy colour scheme but it was roughly the same colour before the respray.

'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

You could make a nice boat out of that high roof....
              it's in me shed, mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt

or a shed!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Chillitt
                  Yeah, I guess the German designers had fully gripped the concept of aerodynamics!
                  'Tis better to sting than to be stung!

Comment

Originally posted by Copycat
                    Yeah, I guess the German designers had fully gripped the concept of aerodynamics!

yeah at least the japanese nailed it!!!!

Comment

i would love a vw camper too but they are mad money. vw show scene is still huge been to a few this year, wish i had kept my old buggy

Comment

Welcome on board mate.

I have got a 77 bay and the Mrs has got a 73 beetle that she is building to drag strip race.

You might wanna check out

www.justkampers.co.uk

and

http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/
                        Tequilla - breakfast of heros.

Comment

Originally posted by Muddy Boots
                          Welcome on board mate.

I have got a 77 bay and the Mrs has got a 73 beetle that she is building to drag strip race.

You might wanna check out

www.justkampers.co.uk

and

http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/

hi mate yeah already signed up member of both, been trawling web and papers for months to find right bus ended up buying one from my boss been sat on his drive for two years

Comment

looks like it has had a new front panel at some point in its life

Just got mine done.
                            Tequilla - breakfast of heros.

Comment

[Hovis ad]Many, many summers ago, when I was knee-high to a ferret, we had a VW camper, or Caravette, to give it it's proper title. The original split side door, not the later sliding version. Had a fridge on one side of the door and a gas stove on the other side. A knock-up canvas awning/tent would zip over the door, where my parents would sleep, my sisters would sleep in the double berth made by dropping the table top level with the seats, and I would sleep in the cross-wise berth over the engine (told you it was when I was very small!)

I have happy memories of watching the world go by, kneeling on the seat behind my Dad, looking over his shoulder (no seat belts in the back...), and getting up at 4 in the morning to drive up to the Yorkshire Dales. It took forever to get there at 60mph, and I still remember waking up as we went round the Elephant and Castle roundabout and asking, "What's that?" (this was before the M25, and before the M6 was joined up to the M1 - we had to go up to Scotch Corner and then across the A66).
                              [/Hovis ad]

Happy days - if anyone has MVB288D, please post a picture
                              Peter

I am not a number. I am a FREE MAN!

Comment

Working...
                              X